How do you know when a new software update is available?

Tara Jane

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I called up my MG dealership about a glitch I have had from day 1! ( my MG EV4 has less than 800miles on it) the glitch is my iPhone won’t connect to the apple car play ( brand new iPhone 15 max with original cable)
Anyway, the lady on the phone said, OH! Did you know there are THREE upgrades available for your car?
How would I have known that?
Is there a way to find out when these become available automatically?

Also… all of a sudden my car has gone from using 1% battery to drive to the supermarket down the road …. To using 10-15% !!!!
No, I am not using the heater or AC.

So here, my dealer explained to me it's up to MG : they'll decide which update(s) really worth to do on which model, pass the word on the dealer, only then they'll contact us to bring the car, and do the things and the stuffs to the car. Something about "can do more hurt than good"

Maybe it's a Belgium thing, dunno. 🤷‍♂️

So here, my dealer explained to me it's up to MG : they'll decide which update(s) really worth to do on which model, pass the word on the dealer, only then they'll contact us to bring the car, and do the things and the stuffs to the car. Something about "can do more hurt than good"

Maybe it's a Belgium thing, dunno. 🤷‍♂️
There’s 3 available for my car and no one ever told me, I only found out because I contacted the dealership about something else.

I called up my MG dealership about a glitch I have had from day 1! ( my MG EV4 has less than 800miles on it) the glitch is my iPhone won’t connect to the apple car play ( brand new iPhone 15 max with original cable)
Anyway, the lady on the phone said, OH! Did you know there are THREE upgrades available for your car?

Also… all of a sudden my car has gone from using 1% battery to drive to the supermarket down the road …. To using 10-15% !!!!
HI Tara,
FYI ive a 23 plate ZS LR and had the 'wont connect to Apple' too - MY dealership said the operating system was 'Up To Date' for '23. BUT iPad and iPhone wont Bluetooth to connect, if I connect via cables its all OK -

?have you tried to plug-in your phone in ?

VERY ANNOYING.

ALSO - the satnav info is way out of date - but upgrades for this are NOT free - they've sold-out to a 3rd Party supplier who charge @ £ 200+ per upgrade >:-(

Im Super happy with the car - but 'glitchs' like these do make me grumble.

HI Tara,
FYI ive a 23 plate ZS LR and had the 'wont connect to Apple' too - MY dealership said the operating system was 'Up To Date' for '23. BUT iPad and iPhone wont Bluetooth to connect, if I connect via cables its all OK -

?have you tried to plug-in your phone in ?

VERY ANNOYING.

ALSO - the satnav info is way out of date - but upgrades for this are NOT free - they've sold-out to a 3rd Party supplier who charge @ £ 200+ per upgrade >:-(

Im Super happy with the car - but 'glitchs' like these do make me grumble.
It’s WITH the cable that it’s problematic, my car doesn’t have a connect with Bluetooth option.
I’ve tried 24 different cables now.
It connects because it’s charging and shows the charging symbol, it just won’t connect to the navigation system.

Sounds like you would have checked this but you are using the left side 'full size' USB connector on the car rather than the USB C small connector.

Only the left USB A socket is designed for use with Android Auto / Apple CarPlay. (It has a screen mirroring symbol next to it).

The right USB C socket supports data, but only on the basis of files on a drive.

I'm only trying to help - please don't take out your frustrations on me!
🤣🤣🤣 but if you had read my original post perhaps slower, you wouldn’t have had to make any suggestions whatsoever… because you would have seen that I’m already doing what you suggested, I literally wrote it in my post, how did you miss it? The entire post is only a few little lines.

Apple car play needs an anker cable, then it works ok. I’ll try and dig out the one we bought for you tomorrow.

It’s a very fussy car which seems to be a trade off due to the price.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back