How do you know when a new software update is available?

They already have, because they actually read my post.
Not sure why you need a little angry face emoji, you’re an adult right?

Allow me to butt in here: -

Maybe you aren't quite familiar with forum etiquette. People try their best to help by
answering questions from strangers. Sometimes they are a bit hasty and make a mistake. If you attack people who try to help you, people will just stop trying to help you.

Apple car play needs an anker cable, then it works ok. I’ll try and dig out the one we bought for you tomorrow.

It’s a very fussy car which seems to be a trade off due to the price.
Where did you find out this information?
I have to date bought nearly 20 various cables, I’m pretty sure there must be an abler one in there, whereas the MG dealership said only to use the original apple cable… which doesn’t work.

Where did you find out this information?
I have to date bought nearly 20 various cables, I’m pretty sure there must be an abler one in there, whereas the MG dealership said only to use the original apple cable… which doesn’t work.

I have always used braided Anker cables and never had an issue.

Unfortunately reading forums like these is the only way to work out when there might be a software update - unless you have a very forthcoming dealer.

They already have, because they actually read my post.
Not sure why you need a little angry face emoji, you’re an adult right?
Let's be nice all, people do try and help and maybe they miss some context or some responses. There will be times when we each have a valuable piece of information to share with others.

HI Tara,
FYI ive a 23 plate ZS LR and had the 'wont connect to Apple' too - MY dealership said the operating system was 'Up To Date' for '23. BUT iPad and iPhone wont Bluetooth to connect, if I connect via cables its all OK -

?have you tried to plug-in your phone in ?

VERY ANNOYING.

ALSO - the satnav info is way out of date - but upgrades for this are NOT free - they've sold-out to a 3rd Party supplier who charge @ £ 200+ per upgrade >:-(

Im Super happy with the car - but 'glitchs' like these do make me grumble.
The map upgrade costs do annoy me a lot. In Europe they are a free download from the MG website.

The car play is nightmare some cables work some don’t you can’t use the USBC for car play only the standard USB The best luck I have had is with a genuine apple cable

Here in Spain the site, says:
Puedes actualizar el software de mapa aquí. Las actualizaciones de los puntos de carga del mapa son gratuitas durante 3 años.
Which translates as..
You can update the map software here. Map charging point updates are free for 3 years.

Here in Spain the site, says:
Puedes actualizar el software de mapa aquí. Las actualizaciones de los puntos de carga del mapa son gratuitas durante 3 años.
Which translates as..
You can update the map software here. Map charging point updates are free for 3 years.
I’d assume it’s the same for Finnish Luxury model then as well! Thanks for clarification!

Has anyone bought one of those gadgets that makes car play wireless?
Yes… and it worked… sometimes 🙄 in the end, I bought a £15 cable from the Apple Store, and it works EVERY time 😁 BUT you have to start the car system BEFORE plugging in your phone.

Has anyone bought one of those gadgets that makes car play wireless?
I was a backer of AAWireless and have been successfully using it for years now. It's super great. It even allows you to remove the driving lockout so you can type while not in park.

There was a small glitch earlier this year with the MG4 Trophy. The cheap Chinese software in the head unit would reset the Bluetooth. Every time I got in the car it would ask to connect again. This broke the autostart.

You can turn the autostart off but, then the phone will randomly connect to AAWireless whenever the head unit turns on.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back