How do you know when a new software update is available?

Not sure if this helps with the original post, but my iPhone was connecting to power from the MG4’s USB socket, but only very occasionally connecting to the CarPlay data. I used a green interdental toothbrush to clean the lint out of the iPhone’s lightning port, and got a much better hit rate after that.

HI Tara,
FYI ive a 23 plate ZS LR and had the 'wont connect to Apple' too - MY dealership said the operating system was 'Up To Date' for '23. BUT iPad and iPhone wont Bluetooth to connect, if I connect via cables its all OK -

?have you tried to plug-in your phone in ?

VERY ANNOYING.

ALSO - the satnav info is way out of date - but upgrades for this are NOT free - they've sold-out to a 3rd Party supplier who charge @ £ 200+ per upgrade >:-(

Im Super happy with the car - but 'glitchs' like these do make me grumble.
Ive got EXACTLY the same issue with a Feb/23 plate which 'Allegedly' has the current software LOL >:-[

Apple car play needs an anker cable, then it works ok. I’ll try and dig out the one we bought for you tomorrow.

It’s a very fussy car which seems to be a trade off due to the price.
Never heard of Anker Cables - ebay here I come. . . . . THANKS

HI Tara,
FYI ive a 23 plate ZS LR and had the 'wont connect to Apple' too - MY dealership said the operating system was 'Up To Date' for '23. BUT iPad and iPhone wont Bluetooth to connect, if I connect via cables its all OK -

?have you tried to plug-in your phone in ?

VERY ANNOYING.

ALSO - the satnav info is way out of date - but upgrades for this are NOT free - they've sold-out to a 3rd Party supplier who charge @ £ 200+ per upgrade >:-(

Im Super happy with the car - but 'glitchs' like these do make me grumble.
Use google maps rarely more than 3 months out of date, and that's how long councils are given to report road changes to central government.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back