How much damage to write off your MG4?

Bricktop X PWR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Well not a great deal it seems!

I can see the intrusion into the rear, behind the bumper but still....

I guess a lot of it will be to do with the car being relatively 'cheap' to buy, hence the threshold of repair costs, versus replacement is reached earlier.

Some interesting photos.......

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I wonder if this battery could be used with a solar array to store power for domestic usage. It's cheap storage.

It would be huge capacity for a low price. Perhaps you could wall mount it. People have done similar things at lower cost with old Leaf batteries.

Must say though you need to know what you are doing - there are lethal voltages involved.

I wonder if this battery could be used with a solar array to store power for domestic usage. It's cheap storage.
Definitely.
When my 500AH AGM Battery Bank needs replacing, this will be something I'm looking at.

Definitely.
When my 500AH AGM Battery Bank needs replacing, this will be something I'm looking at.
It would take up less space than my current set up!
Yes, could be tidier.

20240201_124749.jpg

Don't have a go 🤣

Blimey!
Hopefully @Brettus will get his back in a similar time.👍
I can only hope but they only collected the effing thing yesterday 🙄 no idea where that went wrong but it’s with them now so a fix in a sensible timeframe would be nice but at least I’ve got a courtesy car now. Kia Ceed. Dino burner and manual, feels archaic! On the plus side I’ll REALLY appreciate the turbo tango if/when I get it back. (Hoping they don’t find any nasty surprises, or if they do it makes it quick replacement but I suspect that’s not going to be the way of it given my luck of late)

It all depends as to whether the airbags go off. On an EV, not only do you have to replace all the seatbelts, airbags n dash, the pyro fuse inside the battery burns out 20 seconds after the air-bags go, so until the repair shops have the know how / certificates to fix, it’s cheaper to write them off, and break them up for parts.

It all depends as to whether the airbags go off. On an EV, not only do you have to replace all the seatbelts, airbags n dash, the pyro fuse inside the battery burns out 20 seconds after the air-bags go, so until the repair shops have the know how / certificates to fix, it’s cheaper to write them off, and break them up for parts.
Do EVs have a pyro fuse too?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel