Press and hold the physical Home button (underneath the screen) for 10+ seconds then release.

Check what source is selected. It may be trying to play music from a phone with none on it.
Alternatively, if the driver has pushed the right steering wheel thumbstick in, it will mute the radio.

Stopped and retried. Speakers OK since I can access Amazon music. I can select radio stations but nothing playing. Toggled the RHS switch to no effect. Puzzled.

Reset and got screen message USB Disk identification failure. Nothing plugged in and still no radio output. Back to the dealer I think.

Reset and got screen message USB Disk identification failure. Nothing plugged in and still no radio output. Back to the dealer I think.
Just a stab in the dark. Try putting in a USB stick with some mp3s on it and see if that clears the problem.

Stopped and retried. Speakers OK since I can access Amazon music. I can select radio stations but nothing playing. Toggled the RHS switch to no effect. Puzzled.

I appear to be having this same issue. Can you share how it was resolved? 👍👍👍 Thanks in advance

Unresolved. Back to dealer in a couple of weeks.

It appears that amazon radio stations require an upgraded subscription, hence unavailable.
Not what I was hoping you'd say..!

Just noticed this is on MG4 - I am having same issue but in ZSEV LR 22 plate. Fine since last Oct up until today!

FYI, I had the blank infotainment screen problem the other day when I got in the car, I held the home button for several seconds ( glad I’d read these post when I first got the car). I’m on R33 and it didn’t loose my saved radio stations but it did set the charge limit back to 100%, which I only realised after my car fully charged overnight ( Trophy - so only charge up to 80% normally). Worth checking if you have to reset the screen.

Having the same problem here. MG5 Trophy, no sound from DAB or FM radio - Android Auto is fine. Radio seems to tune fine and picks up stations, there's just no sound. Really bizarre.
Resetting the radio hasn't had any effect.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back