How to update your MG ZS EV media system

My friend i dont mind if i try the file if u could get it from ur car and email it to me
i thinkit could help

The files seem to be specific to each vehicle, and are about 3.6gb in size. Have you tried e-mailing the address I mentioned earlier? If you get stuck and have a way of collecting a file that big, I wil lsend it but I think it's likely to make matters worse :eek:

can we try it my friend i m sure it will work please lets try
I would definitely try to email support first so that they can send you the correct files to you. This will be a better option than potentially corrupting the unit completely by trying someone else's files which I'm certain would be the case.

Dear MG colleagues,

The 'modern life' issue is that my audio system will not read/show more than 39,9 GB of audiofiles from the USB drive. Tried different sticks and different folder layouts. None show over 40GB. Any idea how to fix this, if posible?

Cheers, Andy

Dear MG colleagues,

The 'modern life' issue is that my audio system will not read/show more than 39,9 GB of audiofiles from the USB drive. Tried different sticks and different folder layouts. None show over 40GB. Any idea how to fix this, if posible?

Cheers, Andy
Go old school and use a 32gb drive :)

I suspect that the USB drive is formatted as FAT32, which has a theoretical maximum storage limit that you are exceeding? If so, try formatting it as NTFS as that has a much larger maximum storage limit.

I suspect that the USB drive is formatted as FAT32, which has a theoretical maximum storage limit that you are exceeding? If so, try formatting it as NTFS as that has a much larger maximum storage limit.
P.S. I don't know if an NTFS formatted drive will work on our media system, but worth a try!

Hi CogZog, the maximum limit for Fat32 is per file, not storage capacity. The drive works in my other car system and in my previous cars. So it's not the drive itself.

Thanks,

Andy

I think NTFS works, if I remember back to my testing. Could this be an OS limitation? As far as I can tell it runs Linux, but that shouldn't be a problem unless it's been written to max out at 40gb. With FAT32, the maximum file size is 4gb, not the size of the drive. Sorry, not much help really....

Hi CogZog, the maximum limit for Fat32 is per file, not storage capacity. The drive works in my other car system and in my previous cars. So it's not the drive itself.

Thanks,

Andy
You are quite right Andy, but some systems do have a maximum storage limit also. You could always try partitioning the device into smaller chunks of say 32GB? Just looking for ways around your issue.

I would definitely try to email support first so that they can send you the correct files to you. This will be a better option than potentially corrupting the unit completely by trying someone else's files which I'm certain would be the case.
Can u try this please because i tried to email them but no answer
Can u ask them please about it maybe u get a reply

The files seem to be specific to each vehicle, and are about 3.6gb in size. Have you tried e-mailing the address I mentioned earlier? If you get stuck and have a way of collecting a file that big, I wil lsend it but I think it's likely to make matters worse :eek:
My friend can u email me the files and i will try it please maybe i will succeed.
My email adress is [email protected]
Please to that for me and i assum my responsabily about it
Thank u my friend

How about if u upload it on ur google drive and send me the link my friend please. because that system i have is geting on my nervous i cannot even use android auto on it.
thank u

How about if u upload it on ur google drive and send me the link my friend please. because that system i have is geting on my nervous i cannot even use android auto on it.
thank u
maybe we can be friends on facebook if u dont mind it will be easyer to communicate

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom