HS PHEV condensation

Off topic but noticed you have a dash cam, 522CW? I will get a dash cam for mine when it arrives but is it hard wired? (I cannot see the wire as it is probably black on black) and if so the cable run?

It is 522GW. The dashcam is hardwired into the fuse box. You won’t see any cable run as it all hidden. The cable runs up from the camera and hidden in the gap between the plastic casing of the rearview mirror and the headlining then just enough into the headlining to the driver’s A-pillar. Remove the rubber seal and hide cable inside the A-pillar straight down to the fuse box. It is actually quite an easy job.

Last edited:
Most important is that you always set the HVAC to fresh air intake, and not the auto setting, the icon show the cabin with an 'a' inside. When it's 'a' it's almost always on recirkulation, and that makes for heavy condensation.
I agree JABO but I don’t think the fan on the windscreen helps as it seems blow more air in centre of the windscreen and less on the sides

If you press the windscreen defrost / demist button so the fan is at full speed then run your hand along the windscreen where the warm air comes out there is more air in the middle and less and less towards the edges.

Still prefer my 1kw fan heater, not sure if its more expensive or cheaper than fuel but no frosty glass no condensation and a warm cabin from the word go.
I have a room fan heater that I go plug in 20-30 mins before heading out first thing frosty days

Most important is that you always set the HVAC to fresh air intake, and not the auto setting, the icon show the cabin with an 'a' inside. When it's 'a' it's almost always on recirkulation, and that makes for heavy condensation.
I took your advice, set the icon to show the air being recirculated, i.e with the A shown in the graphic of the cabin and..bingo. No more internal condensation problems. Thanks Jabo

Yep we noticed the build up early on with our PHEV.. good to know about the HVAC circulation thing... Its the same with any car i've had its just that this PHEV does'nt have an obvious recirculation button to flick, so just means your building up humidity from your breath with each journey... it will sit into the fabric... I just put the car heating right up on my return journey to get the saturation point up then opened all the windows to blow it all out for a while.. sorted it in no time.. Now I will look for that HVAC switch to stop it recirculating.. good shout

But its no different with humidity in the home, just recently we've noticed a lot of condensation of the windows in the morning. We haven't been going out much lately and without trickle vents on our windows there's been no circulation or change of air so humidity when sky high... from cooking, breathing and houseplants etc.. Got a humidity sensor and it showed 60+% but after opening the windows for a few minutes first thing each day to clear the air it's now dropped to a more reasonable 45-50%

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom