HV Battery shut off

Chrissunray

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I went to take my car to a charger today however I got the message, “HV battery shut off” showing on the display panel. The car wouldn’t move so I had to turn the car off and let it do the startup process again and it seemed to clear the message and I was able to drive the car. This has happened a few times to me before.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or how I go about resolving this?

Thanks
A877085A-D105-4B7F-9250-F6B3ED617B3C.jpeg

IThe most common cause is - Always make sure that you have your foot on the brake and then ‘press ‘the start button - let it start until you see ‘ready’ displayed. From your pic you’re not in ready mode - it’s normal to get that message then - and it won’t move as the HV battery pack is not engaged 🙂 I can see that you’ve done a few miles though so maybe you know this already?

Agree, make sure the brake pedal is correctly pressed before starting, others have had the same issue.
Two things, at my age you tend to start to forget things especially sequences, not driving the car as often during lockdown doesn't help, I've made that mistake a couple of times, I have also accidently hit the electronic parking brake when moving from reverse to drive and wonder why the car won't move forward😆, I also suffer from hearing loss so I have to rely on the green ready light to let me know the motor is engaged.
The HV Battery shut off warning comes on when you have the 12v system running for a time to warn you the 12v battery is not being charged and is draining , leave it long enough and the car will eventually switch off the 12v system.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ve done a fair few miles in the car already and clearly gone into autopilot and forgot to keep the brake pedal down for long enough when starting.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom