I smart app

Have a look at this You tube video and see if it helps. He binds the car to the phone at the 3:08 mark.

Thank you, I’ve watched this video. At 3:40 he says to select ‘connect vehicle’. It is this option that is missing from the car’s screen. I think the issue is that it was previously successfully bound. But now the app has forgotten the car and won’t let me add the vehicle back 🤔

Thank you, I’ve watched this video. At 3:40 he says to select ‘connect vehicle’. It is this option that is missing from the car’s screen. I think the issue is that it was previously successfully bound. But now the app has forgotten the car and won’t let me add the vehicle back 🤔
I think you have run out of options and are going to have to ask the dealer to get MG to get the car unbound.

Thanks for persevering. Yes, I'll book it in so they can unbind it and I can start again. How frustrating. It seems to have got upset during one of the two recalls we've had 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks for persevering. Yes, I'll book it in so they can unbind it and I can start again. How frustrating. It seems to have got upset during one of the two recalls we've had 🤷🏼‍♀️
Don't know if you've tried this already as I've not read all the other posts .
I've just changed my phone from samsung to pixel.
Inserted my existing sim into my new phone.
copied my ismart app to my new phone (didn't download a new one )
inserted my sim into my old phone and logged out of my ismart account.
logged into the ismart app on my new phone via email.
Hey presto! it worked. A/C Started, Car unlocked and locked etc.
Now I may have been lucky but this might work for others.

Just to update. I eventually got this sorted after a few more visits to dealer. I told them several times that it needed to be unbound etc and they would not understand. When I collected it last time (they’d run another update that had previously failed) they said that they’d fixed the Bluetooth. Argh! They sent a mechanic out to sit with me in the car to see the issue (they wouldn’t believe it wasn’t just me failing to work a Bluetooth connection!) and he straight away saw what I meant (and had told them multiple times!) but he had no clue how the app/binding worked. I don’t think any of them do. They managed to sort a reset within another week and I’ve just successfully rebound it. What a palaver!

Yes, the "bind" is really you creating an account for your car, it doesn't bind it to a specific phone.

Use the app on another phone with the same login credentials and it will connect, logging out the other phone.

There's no way to use two phones at the same time, unfortunately, so you both get notifications etc...

If you are very IT literate and have a lot of free time this may work for you:

I'm waiting until the process gets a little more friendly myself.

On My case (if it helps the others ;) - EU Luxury (trophy LR) - I could Login in the car but on binding (second QR code that appears I was getting a QR code Expired Error....
The way i got it working :
  • I was trying all functions of the car and connected it to My apartment WIFI. Then I retried to bind the Car again... this Time I got the same above Error -BUT- a few seconds later the APP reacted and Stated BOUND. From that point onwards the Bind is effective and working.
  • Every time you try to connect to the car I get something like a first timeout (Even if connected to my wifi or just using the integrated eSim of the car), and a second attempt I get the car details and I can do whatever the app offers (hvac ; seat heating ; bat heating)....
  • I also was away for the last 2 weeks. And It worked from another country ;):) BUT when I arrived the first day back home - I tried to refresh and the app automatically said that no car was binded ... I did a login with my account data (phone /passwd) and the app reappeared with my account and car configured...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back