I smart app

I imagine in order to prevent excessive battery drain after a period the connection module goes to sleep.

We have issues at work with vans with trackers that if not driven for 3-4days as they're wired into the permanently powered part of the 12v system the battery is dead and as its been fully drained usually useless and needs replacing. So staff on leave are usually asked to turn over the van every few days for 10min or so
I'll report back tomorrow, good grief....later today! Off to bed

Wonko is that just recently as this is currently on the go and may not help?

Wonko is that just recently as this is currently on the go and may not help?

I only took delivery last night, so that's probably it. Thanks.

I’ve just picked up my LR and am having trouble binding. I scan the QR code and I put my chosen four digit code twice. I then get the message
Sorry but this model does not support internet related features
Not sure if they mean my phone or car. The phone is not that ancient.
Anyone have a suggestion as I cannot get past this error message. Cheers

I’ve just picked up my LR and am having trouble binding. I scan the QR code and I put my chosen four digit code twice. I then get the message
Sorry but this model does not support internet related features
Not sure if they mean my phone or car. The phone is not that ancient.
Anyone have a suggestion as I cannot get past this error message. Cheers
I'm having exactly the same issue and my phone is pretty new, so it can't be a phone thing. I imagine it's to do with the eSim in the car. Is there a way to check the car's network status or even change the car's eSim?

I'm having exactly the same issue and my phone is pretty new, so it can't be a phone thing. I imagine it's to do with the eSim in the car. Is there a way to check the car's network status or even change the car's eSim?
The eSIM is part of the car. The "e" means it's digital, not a physical card we can swap out.

The eSIM is part of the car. The "e" means it's digital, not a physical card we can swap out.
eSims are generally easier to change than physical sims because they can just be downloaded. When I visit other countries, I download local eSims to my phone so that I get local data/call rates, but can still receive calls/messages off my original number.

eSims are generally easier to change than physical sims because they can just be downloaded. When I visit other countries, I download local eSims to my phone so that I get local data/call rates, but can still receive calls/messages off my original number.
That's a good idea. I must try that on this year's holiday.

Is anyone else finding that the smart ap is over optimistic by 8 - 10 miles of renege compare3d to what the car is showing ?

FYI from another owner
I picked up my Trophy on Monday and could not bind the car on the ismart app but I have found the resolution. I think the process is slightly different on the trophy compared to the SE.
Once you have scanned the first large bar code your details should upload to the car following this when you try to bind a screen appears that has a 3 step process to bind. At this point a smaller QR code appears next to step one and nothing appears next to step 3 along with an error message.
To bind the car you have to go into the display settings on the infotainment and change the display from auto to light mode.
If you try the process again the small qr code will appear as if by magic next to step 3 and you can bind the car. You can then set the display back to auto as normal.
I know this sounds weird but it worked for me and I had been doing factory resets and everything else I could think of.
The resolution was provided by my local dealer.

FYI from another owner
I picked up my Trophy on Monday and could not bind the car on the ismart app but I have found the resolution. I think the process is slightly different on the trophy compared to the SE.
Once you have scanned the first large bar code your details should upload to the car following this when you try to bind a screen appears that has a 3 step process to bind. At this point a smaller QR code appears next to step one and nothing appears next to step 3 along with an error message.
To bind the car you have to go into the display settings on the infotainment and change the display from auto to light mode.
If you try the process again the small qr code will appear as if by magic next to step 3 and you can bind the car. You can then set the display back to auto as normal.
I know this sounds weird but it worked for me and I had been doing factory resets and everything else I could think of.
The resolution was provided by my local dealer.
This needs to go into the tips thread (if it's not there already!)

EDIT - Added it myself, gave you credit.

For the last couple of days, the iSmart app has stopped scanning my car.
Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do?
Thanks

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel