Improving interior lighting in MG4

You're probably right with this Les. We're going to leave it now we're in the spring months anyway and revisit it come the Autumn.

Whereabouts in Wigan are you? We're Standish.
Hi I’m just off Poolstock been to Standish about an hour ago just got back and found your post
Yeh the LEDs do make a big difference especially in the back when trying to fasten your belts and of course only on for a matter of minutes really.i have done my MG 5 also pictures on the thread
Les

Last edited:
Hi, done interior light upgrade with LED's but be warned, if you push too hard to fit the new bulbs the socket can shoot up into the void above the bulb, took me quite a few attempts to get the socket back.... be warned

Hi, done interior light upgrade with LED's but be warned, if you push too hard to fit the new bulbs the socket can shoot up into the void above the bulb, took me quite a few attempts to get the socket back.... be warned
Unscrew the two screws in the sunglasses holder, drop the whole panel down, gives access to rear of bulb holder. Much easier.

I asked my local garage to fit the mud-flaps I'd bought from Aliexpress, and then asked him to do the lights as well while he was at it. He said it was all quite fiddly, although maybe this was just to justify charging me for it!

Now I keep getting a slight shock every time I open the door as I can see the lights coming on, even in the daylight. It was impossible to tell whether they were on or off in daylight before.

I asked my local garage to fit the mud-flaps I'd bought from Aliexpress, and then asked him to do the lights as well while he was at it. He said it was all quite fiddly, although maybe this was just to justify charging me for it!

Now I keep getting a slight shock every time I open the door as I can see the lights coming on, even in the daylight. It was impossible to tell whether they were on or off in daylight before.
If a humble DIYer like me can to it in 20mins, its not that fiddly 🤪

I just did my interior lights. I found that it is much easier to undo the two screws in the sunglasses holder and drop the whole unit down. The bulb holders clip out easily and the the bulbs just fit out through the holes. The LED lights I used are flat and so fit back in readily.

Do the mudflaps use existing mounting holes?

Do they actually keep the car cleaner?

Yes and Yes ... the front door sills are a lot cleaner after fitting mudflaps. (Which is a bonus given that the sills are quite wide and so easier to catch your trouser legs on them).

Yes and Yes ... the front door sills are a lot cleaner after fitting mudflaps. (Which is a bonus given that the sills are quite wide and so easier to catch your trouser legs on them).
Cheers!

I assume the sellers for these on eBay are the same as the Aliexpress items.

To confirm what @siteguru said, yes, the best way to fit the flaps is to use the original screws as the ones supplied by Aliexpress are shorter. Just take the screws out, put the flap in place and replace the screws. A couple of the wheel arches (the front ones?) have a plastic push fitting instead of the top screw. Apparently this is easy to break but replacements are supplied with the flaps.

They're quite effective at keeping the car clean behind the wheels.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back