• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Inflating tyres and wheel trims

It has to be at 2.8 to reset it says 10 minutes over 20mph
Thanks for this.
I cant seem to read anywhere that suggests 2.8. I have them all set at 2.4 (although another search suggests 2.2)
So are you suggesting that if i pump them to 2.8 and drive for at least 10 mins that should reset the warning light?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks for this.
I cant seem to read anywhere that suggests 2.8. I have them all set at 2.4 (although another search suggests 2.2)
So are you suggesting that if i pump them to 2.8 and drive for at least 10 mins that should reset the warning light?
Yes
Do you not have a sticker when you open driver's door with tyre pressures?
It's also in the manual
Screenshot_20221204-101404.png
Screenshot_20221204-101230.png

Last edited:
Thanks for this.
If you are unable to find the chrome coloured ident sticker on the frame of the car, when you open the drivers door ( below the door latch ) then the tyre pressures are 2.8 bar or 41 Psi ( which ever your chose to use ).
The sticker contains the VIN number / colour code and tyre 🛞 pressures etc.

I topped up the tyres yesterday no problems and I have salami digits maybe as all my tyre inflators are push fit?
my air compressor is also a "push-fit" style connector, I don't like the screw on ones. If it is cold and your fingers aren't working as quick as they normally do you lose half the pressure you put in when trying to unscrew the damn thing :ROFLMAO:

I do find it strange that it doesn't recommend different pressures for an empty vs fully laden vehicle... normally you see some change between how much weight you're carrying
I do agree but it's probably because it's quite a high pressure compared to normal?

my air compressor is also a "push-fit" style connector, I don't like the screw on ones. If it is cold and your fingers aren't working as quick as they normally do you lose half the pressure you put in when trying to unscrew the damn thing :ROFLMAO:
I have a couple of independent hand held tyre pressure gauges, which I have compared against each other for accuracy and they read out the same values.
As you say, getting the clip on adaptor on and off the valve stem with out loosing too much air is real pain, because of poor access caused by the aero trims and short valve stems !.
I have now found it easier to over inflate each tyre by a couple of pounds and remove the clip on inflator, then using one of the hand held pressure gauges, slowly release the pressure down bit by bit until it is bang on !.
Then rinse and repeat on the other tyres.
It’s a handy way to compare the accuracy between the gauge on the pump and the hand held gauges as well.

Hi thats what i read but after 3 trips one being over 100 miles its still showing fault even tho all pressures are the same its just shows one rear tyre incorrect?
Any other suggestions before i pop into my local MG garage please?
As a rule I check my tyre pressure manually every 1st Sunday of the month, but also check the tpms either on my phone or in car during the the month just to keep an eye on the pressure.

As a rule I check my tyre pressure manually every 1st Sunday of the month, but also check the tpms either on my phone or in car during the the month just to keep an eye on the pressure.
I tend to ive them the Mk1 eyeball everytime I use the car, if things look a bit low then I#ll get the guage out to double chack my suspicions. TPMS has been spot on all the time for me.

Also if you press the rh arrow button (next to the OK button) on the rh side of the steering wheel you will get the tpms screen come up on your dashboard.
Yes but this will not tell you what to fill your tyres to or how to reset tpms?

Hi, thanks for info just checked plate on drivers door (see image)and of course you were correct so much appreciated, will now pump them to recommended pressure.
Strange thing is they have never been at that pressure since i took delivery from new and the other 3 tyres are not showing any warning despite all being lower at 2.4!
Thanks again

Attachments

• MG Tyre Pressure.jpg
    MG Tyre Pressure.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 61
Hi thats what i read but after 3 trips one being over 100 miles its still showing fault even tho all pressures are the same its just shows one rear tyre incorrect?
Any other suggestions before i pop into my local MG garage please?
I had the same issue with my Kia Niro. I had to pump up the tyre over 2psi above what it should be, drive for a bit then let it back down again

My car was delivered with 2.5 bar, a cold night and left rear went down to 2.4 with TPMS warning, pumping it up to 2.5 didn't turn the warning off. Today inflated to 2.8, TPMS and the warning cleared before I had left the garage forecourt.

Just to close my chapter, yesterday not one but 3 tyres had a warning that they were low pressure, a trip to my friendly local tyre company all were pumped up to 2.8 and warning light was off as soon as I pulled away and actually feels a better ride, to think that for months they have been driven on 2.4 / 2.6 without realising (yep i know i should check them more regularly but no warning equaled no issues as far as i was concerned)!
Appreciate everyone's input!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom