Infotainment screen

Hi All, just to update on this issue.

It was still dead this morning with no USB power so I thought I would check the fuse first and after nearly setting fire to the manual with a magnifying glass before I could see which fuse it was managed to pop it out and it was intact. Oddly it was 20A fitted at factory and not 15A as per the manual.

On putting it back in everything booted up and is working normally so the head unit just needed the permanent 12v supply removing in the same way as removing the 12v battery lead as suggested above. In future I will do that as I already have a 10mm spanner in the car but this time as I had no USB power I thought worth a look at the fuse first. Thanks for the advice guys. This is the first glitch in 5 months and 3.5k miles so hoping the software update for the 5 head unit comes in time for first service next year.

Lovemyev - My nickname for all my adult life starting when I was 18 in my first job has been ”lucky” and not for that reason sadly! If something is going to go wrong then it will for me!

ATB

Mark

Hi all
Does the built in SatNav on th ZS EV have audio as well as visual? If so how do you get it to function? I have studied the Owners Manual but can't find anything.

Might be better to ask in the ZS forum but I would assume it does have spoken directions.

Hi all
Does the built in SatNav on th ZS EV have audio as well as visual? If so how do you get it to function? I have studied the Owners Manual but can't find anything.

[IMG alt="5teep"]https://www.mgevs.com/data/avatars/m/6/6122.jpg?1626678982[/IMG]

5teep

Active Member​

JoinedJun 29, 2021Messages113Reaction score84Points31 CruisingDrivingMG5 EV
Might be better to ask in the ZS forum but I would assume it does have spoken directions.

Hi ging535 and M5G teep. yes it does have audio that gives directions for you I surgest you go to the MG5 forum and read through the thread navigation voice volume Issues started buy fluffkins on Tuesday at 10:04
Les

Hi All, just to update on this issue.

It was still dead this morning with no USB power so I thought I would check the fuse first and after nearly setting fire to the manual with a magnifying glass before I could see which fuse it was managed to pop it out and it was intact. Oddly it was 20A fitted at factory and not 15A as per the manual.

On putting it back in everything booted up and is working normally so the head unit just needed the permanent 12v supply removing in the same way as removing the 12v battery lead as suggested above. In future I will do that as I already have a 10mm spanner in the car but this time as I had no USB power I thought worth a look at the fuse first. Thanks for the advice guys. This is the first glitch in 5 months and 3.5k miles so hoping the software update for the 5 head unit comes in time for first service next year.

Lovemyev - My nickname for all my adult life starting when I was 18 in my first job has been ”lucky” and not for that reason sadly! If something is going to go wrong then it will for me!

ATB

Mark
Hi Mark - Glad to hear you are all sorted !.
I was fairly sure that the 12 volt battery disconnect would cure the problem !.
Keep the 10mm spanner handy.
You are a bit like me, if it was not for bad luck, I would have NO luck at all !.
I had a dog once, he had one ear, one eye and only three legs,
His name was “Lucky” 🤣.
Stay safe !.

I had my first blank screen this morning after 3 months of uneventful MG5 motoring. It happened just as I was about to reverse into a parking space. I noticed that the usual screen disappeared as usual but rather than the reversing camera appearing, the screen went blank apart from the top line of the screen showing the temperature etc. When I put it back into D, the main screen still didn't return and after switching the car off and on again, still no joy. I'll try the 10m spanner trick when I get back home this evening...

I had map freeze when mobile connected other day. As driving we turned off and on at traffic lights to no avail. But did come on again after 10 mins or so.
More annoying is the radio buttons not changing and sticking on previous selection.

I had my first blank screen this morning after 3 months of uneventful MG5 motoring. It happened just as I was about to reverse into a parking space. I noticed that the usual screen disappeared as usual but rather than the reversing camera appearing, the screen went blank apart from the top line of the screen showing the temperature etc. When I put it back into D, the main screen still didn't return and after switching the car off and on again, still no joy. I'll try the 10m spanner trick when I get back home this evening...
All you need to do is hold the centre home button and continue to hold the button until the devise reboots and the MG symbol appears and then release, you have rebooted the infotainment unit…

My MG5 is 4 months old. Yesterday, for the first time, the infotainment screen froze completely. Touching the raidio, or satnav or smartphone icons had no effect, and the small buttons on the bottom of the screen were also "dead". Tried several times switching screen off and on to no effect, and powered whole car off and on with the same result. Had several further attempts over several hours before the screen finally responded. Noted that when frozen, the radio still played, but the phone button at the bottom of the screen and the button on the steering wheel were also dead. I'm used to the satnav system being slow to load, but this is a step too far! Any suggestions?

This thread is one of the reasons I'm waiting for the 2022 facelift version. There shouldn't really be this many cars suffering this issue. It just proves the infotainment system isn't mature enough yet. Hope they sort everything for the update...

My MG5 is 4 months old. Yesterday, for the first time, the infotainment screen froze completely. Touching the raidio, or satnav or smartphone icons had no effect, and the small buttons on the bottom of the screen were also "dead". Tried several times switching screen off and on to no effect, and powered whole car off and on with the same result. Had several further attempts over several hours before the screen finally responded. Noted that when frozen, the radio still played, but the phone button at the bottom of the screen and the button on the steering wheel were also dead. I'm used to the satnav system being slow to load, but this is a step too far! Any suggestions?
Hi GeoffJ it has fluffkins has above but I’ll give you a little more detail, the large button at the bottom in the middle the on/off switch for the info/ radio system, when the screen does freeze just press it and keep it press in it will turn off the screen but still keep it pressed until you see the MG logo come on in the middle of the screen now let go and it will restart everything mine has done this maybe 6/7 times in my 5 which is now 7 months old but this as always worked for me also if you are using the satnav when it happens when it comes back on it remembers your setting and starts working from where you are at the time hope this helps you,
Les

Hi GeoffJ it has fluffkins has above but I’ll give you a little more detail, the large button at the bottom in the middle the on/off switch for the info/ radio system, when the screen does freeze just press it and keep it press in it will turn off the screen but still keep it pressed until you see the MG logo come on in the middle of the screen now let go and it will restart everything mine has done this maybe 6/7 times in my 5 which is now 7 months old but this as always worked for me also if you are using the satnav when it happens when it comes back on it remembers your setting and starts working from where you are at the time hope this helps you,
Les
Thanks Les. I'll give this a try

Hi again, first off GeoffJ did you manage to get your screen working again last week I’m hope so.
So a few of us have experience this issue with the info screen freezings or going blank and guess what it happened to me again the other day in my 5 as I was driving back from a trip to London so I reset it as I outlined in #55 above but this time it was a little bit different, after the system rebooted itself I got a screen that I have never had before in this scenario, it went back into a set up mode and would not come back on until I had gone through it, I think about 3/5 pages of it then it started to work again I enclose a picture of the screen that came up after holding the large button as in #55 routine which as always worked in the past without doing all this set up stuff.
Just though I’d post this not seen anyone else mention this happening and was new to me anyhow
Les.
C8A9FE46-C39D-4DF0-93E1-EAD6A6606182.jpeg

Hi again, first off GeoffJ did you manage to get your screen working again last week I’m hope so.
So a few of us have experience this issue with the info screen freezings or going blank and guess what it happened to me again the other day in my 5 as I was driving back from a trip to London so I reset it as I outlined in #55 above but this time it was a little bit different, after the system rebooted itself I got a screen that I have never had before in this scenario, it went back into a set up mode and would not come back on until I had gone through it, I think about 3/5 pages of it then it started to work again I enclose a picture of the screen that came up after holding the large button as in #55 routine which as always worked in the past without doing all this set up stuff.
Just though I’d post this not seen anyone else mention this happening and was new to me anyhow
Les.
View attachment 5489

Hi Les. I've not encountered the problem since I mentioned it on here. Because I don't normally need to use the SATNAV and to "silence" the radio, I turn the info screen off so it just displays the time. I wondered if the lack of use resulted in nthe system "going to sleep", although your recent issue seems to have happened whilst the system was in use. Hopefully in my case the problem is resolved, but time will tell.
Geoff

Just had this happen on my week-old 22 plate MG5 LR. I was reversing off the drive to manoeuvre the car into position for charging. When I went into reverse the first time the rear cam was definitely working; after I pulled forward a bit then reversed again it didn't come on (and could get nothing on the infotainment screen at all).

I tried long pressing the centre button but no joy. After the car had been powered down a few minutes I switched back on and everything was back to normal.

This is not good though!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom