interior lights wiring harness adapter

Have you got any pictures? I ordered the converter you mentioned from amazon and the dashcam is on order just need to know where to solder it to.
the picture is in the beginning of the post , it is on the black connector on the interior light , wrapt with black tape , unwrap the tape , and carefully undo the wire plastic one by one ,not together there is 12v tension on pin 3 , the numbers are printed in the plastic connector, the connector itself have a notch, put something small tool between to release. green white wire I think Pin 3 , you can use a volt meter to bee sure you have good wires.

Attachments

• IMG_20230528_102032.jpg
    IMG_20230528_102032.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Hi, just would like share the wiring adaptor that I have purchased.
Basically it's a simple male and female connector with few wires, it added 2 additional wires to output 12v DC.
Label shows it called "Wiring harness adapter for MG"
This should give 12v DC power as soon as you unlock the car and power off once locked.

the DC + is pin3
the DC - is pin4
the connectors are from TE:
here are the part numbers for the housings that you need
1703874-1
936289-2
just check on TE's website for the crimps that you need as per the wires size that you have got.
the rest is like for like wiring and add 2 wires for pin3 and pin4 to get 12V power for light at rear or dashcamera.

here is the connector on the back of the interior lights.
Thansk to @Oberoy , I borrow the photo from his post.

Hi, can you post a link to where you got the necessary kit/wiring from, please. If you did that already and I missed It my apologies.

Hi
I did it.
I tapped in to wire 3 + and 4 - they are numbered when you take the plug out of the housing and I used the red scotch locks from Halfords, they were under 3 quid and the adaptor that Cstef recommended from Amazon 12v to usb with twin usb cable just to get the rear camera installed in the future. All in around 15quid in materials and the camera works fine. I know there is no parking recording but I can live with that.

Quick bump to the thread. Does anyone have a link to the original wiring adaptor? I guess the voltage regulator is easy to get from Amazon.

I know one of the uses above was for dashcam but I have taken the easy route to put a light in the rear seat area. A simple led touch light from aliexpress attached to the roof via a magnetic base system. Battery is recharged via usb. Given the very few times it will be used in the rear seat area it's simpler for my requirements. Small, very cheap and tonnes of light.

I know one of the uses above was for dashcam but I have taken the easy route to put a light in the rear seat area. A simple led touch light from aliexpress attached to the roof via a magnetic base system. Battery is recharged via usb. Given the very few times it will be used in the rear seat area it's simpler for my requirements. Small, very cheap and tonnes of light.
Thanks but I was looking to mount a dash cam next to the rear view mirror.

Wouldn’t mind seeing how you achieved this if possible. Sounds like a good solution

When you did this mod, did you find a 12V that was present when car turned off, and then disappeared when unlocked?

I've just fitted my Blackvue camera by soldering in a short pigtail from the connector block in the front lights/sunglasses unit, pin 3 +12v, pin 4 -12v. That was easy but can anyone tell me how the cover over the front cameras/sensors comes off so I can hide the cable neatly? At the moment it runs over the inside of the headlining and drops down around the camera/sensor housing. Ideally I'd like it to run inside there and come out where the Blackvue has been located directly below it.

Last edited:
I've just fitted my Blackvue camera by soldering in a short pigtail from the connector block in the front lights/sunglasses unit, pin 3 +12v, pin 4 -12v. That was easy but can anyone tell me how the cover over th front cameras/sensors comes off so i can hid the cable neatly? At the moment it runs over the inside of the headlining and drops down around the camera/sensor housing. Ideally I'd like it to run inside there and come out where the Blackvue has ben locate directly below it.

The only shame is that by connecting to the ceiling light, you cannot use the parking mode

Parking mode working without power from the car depends on the camera, as some use an internal battery in order for it to work when the car is switched off.

just the 12v-5v adaptor? or including the wiring adaptor?
you can easily buy the 12v-5v adaptor on ebay or amazon.
I have 2 spares right now actually, I can sale them.

the wiring adaptor is from Taobao like Diggsy said, you can make your own adaptor with the right connectors or you can take power from the original interior lights' wires via splice connectors.

I have bought 2 sets wiring adaptor from Taobao, I should receive the second one in a month time. I'll post the second for sale in here as I only need 1 set. :cool:
can you share a link to the wiring adaptor on Tapbacks please?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom