Is the MG4 SE 51kw readily available?

colEdinburgh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Is there a shortage of MG4 SE 51kw?

I was on the affinity website and submitted.a interest a week ago with a local dealer. Heard nothing back so I submitted another with a different dealer, still being ignored .

Salesman don't see bothered about following up leads

I was on the affinity website and submitted.a interest a week ago with a local dealer. Heard nothing back so I submitted another with a different dealer, still being ignored .

Probably as less profit margin due to the Affinity discount. Unless they get you for over-priced mats, V2L adapter and other bits you're not worth it as a sale unfortunately.

Have you been into any MG dealers?

Nope I was going to contact the but since they sent this message I assumed they would contact me .

Thank you for your new car enquiry. A copy of your request has been sent to xxxx of xxxxxx MG Edinburgh who will be in touch soon to discuss your requirements.

When I enquired via MG's website (not for an Affinity deal) I got a similarly-worded reply. It took quite a few days (more than a week maybe) before I got a follow-up call from the dealer to arrange a test drive.

We had a similar experience with several dealers around east/central Scotland. However, we visited Perth MG and enquired about the Affinity deal in person. The salesman (Cameron) couldn't have been more helpful and we purchased our MG4 from them. He promptly responded to emails while we were waiting on delivery, and the aftercare when we collected the car was top notch as well.

I know it's a bit further away for you, but I'd highly recommend them.

I had the same experience. So I went on "What Car" to get quotes for a new MG. Once the local dealers reply via email link (I think I had quite a lot) you can then message them back and ask them if they will offer the Affinity Scheme price and I quoted the current Affinity price. A few replied saying yes so I had it in writing and the salesman / dealers contact details.

When I was talking to Scottish dealers at the end of July they said there was a shortage of stock as NHS Scotland had ordered several hundred MG4 for use as pool cars. I found a car in the spec I wanted in stock just over the boarder.

Nope I was going to contact the but since they sent this message I assumed they would contact me .

Thank you for your new car enquiry. A copy of your request has been sent to xxxx of xxxxxx MG Edinburgh who will be in touch soon to discuss your requirements.

I tried that. When I called MG Edinburgh directly a few days later they had never heard of me.

Dealers have quite a few 22MY SE Standard Range vehicles I know ours in Yeovil has 2 but not seen any 23MY ones in their compound. I am waiting for mine which is currently on the water.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back