iSmart AC

I thought it was a known issue that the MG4 can not be preheated when plugged in at all? It doesn't work with mine either and it's established as a fault in the German Facebook group. Dealers are aware, but MG doesn't offer a solution yet.
I think it is only when plugged in and not charging that it doesn't work.

I think it is only when plugged in and not charging that it doesn't work.
I too thought this was the case and I’m now wondering if they’ve fixed it…

I tried the remote HVAC yesterday whilst plugged into a Zappi v2. The car wasn’t charging, having already charged to 100% hours before, and the Zappi was still at Eco++ (only charges with excess solar) and it was a cloudy morning, so no excess to be had.

Lo and behold, it worked perfectly. What I noticed on the Zappi app was that it fed the car power literally only for a few seconds then stopped again, almost as if it had done so in order for the car to think it was charging. No idea if MG or MyEnergi have fixed something in their apps maybe, but thought I’d mention it. Handy to have it working like that

I’m having this issue, MG5 won’t start AC remotely. I’m getting “error 255” is there any luck with getting this sorted?

As a test I tried switching on the HVAC this morning at 09:15 after the overnight charge to 80% finished at 04:30. The car was still plugged into the charger (Ohme Pro) but no longer charging.

The HVAC started via the iSmart app just fine - and the side lights came on as well, what's that about?! - I just left it on for a minute or two, then switched it off again (and the lights went out).

Unlocked the cable via the app and removed the cable.
No issues at all.

As a test I tried switching on the HVAC this morning at 09:15 after the overnight charge to 80% finished at 04:30. The car was still plugged into the charger (Ohme Pro) but no longer charging.

The HVAC started via the iSmart app just fine - and the side lights came on as well, what's that about?! - I just left it on for a minute or two, then switched it off again (and the lights went out).

Unlocked the cable via the app and removed the cable.
No issues at all.
Yeah, not sure what the point of the lights is…wonder if they could be deactivated as such by not having them on auto? Seems a daft feature as the car would stick out like a sore thumb if it’s in a car park for example.

I suspect having the lights on manual (and off) when you lock the car simply means that they revert to auto right away, so will do whatever auto lights do anyway.
I think you are correct. My light’s usually would come on pre heating/cooling but now I have my 3d printed light sensor cover I notice they don’t come on like they used to (unless it’s dark of course)

I suspect having the lights on manual (and off) when you lock the car simply means that they revert to auto right away, so will do whatever auto lights do anyway.
Another MG4 oddity by the sounds of it in that case. I can understand the lights coming on when you unlock the car, but for them to come on when you turn on the HVAC is just daft

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back