iSMART app not working for 3 weeks

Newevuser

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Howdy folks, I’ve had my MG since Jan 2023 and the app has been working like a dream until 3 weeks ago, when it just stopped working.

It won’t refresh, can’t find the vehicle.

I have turned on the car and turned in the app whilst in the car, I have deleted the app and then downloaded it again. Still no joy.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks!

Hi, thank you so much for your advice. As a total beginner, could you provide a bit more detail on how exactly I do this? E.g. where is the battery connector on the car? By disconnect, do I disconnect for a minute and then reconnect and then try the app?

Thanks so much!!

You need to open bonnet the battery is on the passenger side (UK)
Screenshot_20230405-132954.png

To open bonnet there is a open bonnet lever driver's side lowerdash board
Screenshot_20230405-133754.png

Last edited:
Thank you so much! Fortunately, I was able to get it working without doing that, I went to system settings and hit upgrade and then turned on the app whilst in the car and it worked!!

I went to system settings and hit upgrade
Nice what did it say after hitting upgrade?
Did it say no updates available?
My guess would be the by tapping upgrade\update? It forced the car to connect to server to look for one
This may be a handy tip to remember 👍

Same here. I'm getting a security alarm warning (just in the app, no push notification) which only gives me the option of canceling. There's nothing wrong with the car & I've turned it on & off & there's no new release on the app store, so I guess we're all just waiting for the development team to fix bugs?

I’ve had my MG Trophy and my iSmart app just stopped working. It is very frustrating.

I phoned MG Portsmouth to help me. They wont even look at the car and gave me an appointment for June. Not acceptable. Such bad service from a Main Dealer

Some app problems are also caused by not having the clock sets at auto or wrong time zone as this conflicts with the server data that's why a factory reset may be better than battery disconnect sometimes as you get to set your region but remember with factory reset you will need to switch off dead reckoning on sat nav again

My iSmart app works fine except the preheating function. It’s Never worked. I tried reinstalling the app; I even tried installing the app on my wife’s phone - same problem. It just says “remote control instruction failed try again later (47)”

Hi All
just thinking have you checked in settings nothing has been switched off in the MG app. sometime this is over looked.

go to settings then scroll down to MG app and have a look.

I occasionally find that that app freezes, so I only see the front screen and cannot get beyond it. This is remedied by turning my phone off and on

I occasionally find that that app freezes, so I only see the front screen and cannot get beyond it. This is remedied by turning my phone off and on
Login out and back in will normally fix this problem as well

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom