'MG is not exactly known for their cutting edge software or support.'
I think the correct phrase to use for MG software is 'bleeding edge'

iSmart was working for me, but then the bloomin car decided to go to sleep.

About four-ish yesterday afternoon I reversed into the garage and plugged in to the granny charger. iSmart announced the car would be done by 8 am or thereabouts. Fine, not going anywhere till the evening. From late morning on, "remote control instruction failed". Eventually I did the unlock/lock thing, and the car woke up.

But - charging all night, then asleep in way less than 24 hours from the last use of the car. This is one sleepy motor. Maybe needs the rest as I was running around like a blue-arsed fly all Friday and Saturday and let's hear it for the Cambridge Street destination chargers or I would have been in trouble. (Or drinking coffee in the Dakota at eleven at night when I wanted to get home.)

My last successful update with live car data was 20th March, 11:16 am (last Weds, 5 days ago from typing this).

I saw the same behaviour with the 3G indicator as one of the posters above (alternating between 1 bar, many bars and nothing).
As of this morning the app seems to be working again, just refreshed successfully (Perth WA, MG4 77)

Thanks for the comms everyone. Knowing that others in Oz had the same issue calmed my farm a bit. Soz about being in MG4 but i had searched for ismart and ended up here.

Getting the ‘token expired’ nonsense on a very regular basis at the moment. Twice today, which is remarkably annoying, especially on IOS where it doesn’t store the password.

This is normal if I swap to using another phone. Is there anybody else in the household who could be logging in occasionally?

This is normal if I swap to using another phone. Is there anybody else in the household who could be logging in occasionally?
If that was in response to me, no, I’m the only one using the app, and only on one device

Getting the ‘token expired’ nonsense on a very regular basis at the moment. Twice today, which is remarkably annoying, especially on IOS where it doesn’t store the password.
I’ve been experiencing exactly the same in recent times (iOS).

Token expires, then I need to fetch my password from my password manager (which involves 12 taps(!) as I have to search for it), log in, change from metric to imperial and enable face-id login again.

This happens extremely often - and sometimes just minutes after using the app…

Since this is the behaviour when someone else logs into your account - if only a handful of MG users are experiencing it - I wonder if some passwords or pins are compromised. My password is good, but my pin is very simple - maybe that’s the problem…

I’ve been experiencing exactly the same in recent times (iOS).

Token expires, then I need to fetch my password from my password manager (which involves 12 taps(!) as I have to search for it), log in, change from metric to imperial and enable face-id login again.

This happens extremely often - and sometimes just minutes after using the app…

Since this is the behaviour when someone else logs into your account - if only a handful of MG users are experiencing it - I wonder if some passwords or pins are compromised. My password is good, but my pin is very simple - maybe that’s the problem…
I see what you’re saying, however I suspect there’s a more simple explanation. I doubt anyone has compromised either my password or PIN. Both are half decent, along with being entirely unrelated.

I did upgrade my phone a couple of months ago, and have yet to wipe my old one. Maybe that’s an issue for me, so I’m going to wipe the old one and see what happens, although I suspect there’s a server side error, similar to what happened to all accounts a few months back, only this time it’s affecting fewer accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel