• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

It was all going so well

Don't give up yet. The ZS EV is a great car when it does run. I think you have been very unlucky and got a rogue car. I would expect a new car replacement and sounds like you have a good case for that. Good luck.

Take it back and say that your not happy with this particular vehicle and that you either want another one or your money back; you’ve given then the opportunity to get it fixed which they haven’t..
Had mine since March with no operational issues and I love it, but only you can decide whether to keep it or not.

Depends on what you paid for it, some great deals around at the mo on new ones.

I
Well 8 weeks later and the car is still not fixed. New parts have been fitted, a power delivery board or unit, and MG eventually got it coded and talking to the rest of the car. Unfortunately as a salesman was testing it the errors came back after a quick charge.
New charge port been fitted but still having issues.
At this point we don't want the car back.
Don't know whether to ask for a new car or a refund, what would you do?
I’d say to dealer to give you a new car (if you got a great deal originally) or money back if you paid more than £19k. There are some great deals at the moment, VIC Young have MG ZS Excites for £19,450 and Exclusives for £20,450 - the latter is an absolute steal at this price.

It is never easy working out what to do and I truly sympathize.

Personally I think if I was me I would be rejecting the car and asking for a refund.

It isn't so much what is wrong with it in the first place but how much messing around they have done trying to fix it.

I'M a great believer that there are a lot of car components that only the factory can install correctly and in your case they didn't even get this right.

Time to cut your losses and swap it for another MG ZS EV providing you haven't lost all faith with them.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I agree with Steve0 on this one. You can ask and allow one repair but after that get rid of it other wise problems could be ongoing. Exchange or refund check the consumer laws although they can be a bit different than normal regarding cars!

If it was a "Friday car" as we used to call them at Ford it could have had a problem during line assembly, put aside not complete ready for what was known as a repair man to work on.
As for Quality Control they where/are under pressure from the assembly line for the numbers game so pass what is not always correct. (that's for another thread)

Well 8 weeks later and the car is still not fixed. New parts have been fitted, a power delivery board or unit, and MG eventually got it coded and talking to the rest of the car. Unfortunately as a salesman was testing it the errors came back after a quick charge.
New charge port been fitted but still having issues.
At this point we don't want the car back.
Don't know whether to ask for a new car or a refund, what would you do?
the ZS EV is a nice and great car, I'd go for a new car!

Thanks for all the replies. Decided we're not taking this car back now. Will probably ask for a refund and get another zs ev.
We paid 22.5k for an exclusive so 20.5k is a bargain

Grrrr that 4K cheaper than what I paid and I thought I got a good deal....that said good for you for that price it’s exceptional value and you can get these issues with any car as I recall my brothers brand new Vauxhall had a leaking roof one time, and that was a solid steel roof with no sun roof!! It doesn’t mean that they are all bad.

Thanks for all the replies. Decided we're not taking this car back now. Will probably ask for a refund and get another zs ev.
We paid 22.5k for an exclusive so 20.5k is a bargain
Contact Vic Young’s and get a fully refundable deposit on before they change the deal. Then demand refund from dealer (obviously don’t tell them about the new deal). If they make you an equal or better offer you can get the refund from Vic Young’s 👍👍👍

@keeley26 how did you get on?

If you’re having any difficulty with the dealer you could consider contacting the guy mentioned in this Autocar article The man who saves buyers from tricky car dealers | Autocar

Your right to reject: what the law says

If your car develops a fault within the first 30 days of buying it, you can decline a repair and reject the vehicle. This also applies to minor defects. Between 30 days and six months, the trader has one opportunity to repair the car before you can consider rejecting it. The underlying point is that a car which does not conform to contract at any time in the first six months is presumed to have not conformed on the day it was delivered to the consumer.

After six months, the onus is on the consumer to prove the existence of faults but ‘durability’ is key. For instance, if you have a five-year finance agreement, then you should reasonably expect the non-serviceable components to last at least that long

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom