I've never had such a bad car. MG5 EV

I'm just past 2000 miles touring in Europe at motorway speeds, 3.9 m/kWh or 220 miles range.

You might need to do a battery balance charge and check the vehicle settings.

An EV needs treating differently.
The OP hasn't posted since Monday . Maybe seen the error of their ways or maybe just :poop:

I said 240km but it's really maybe 220km to new cross south London, now that was a few months old, with more than a year the battery no longer did that, no way, I noticed a loss of kilometres after a year.

"Yes software can not be relied upon but then that’s an inconvenience at most."
I'm not just talking about the interior software which isn't good either, I had two abrupt stops, one in the middle of the highway and the other inside the city, for no reason, putting my safety at risk, after indicating the yellow light saying that the system of the collision was not available, it never happened again.

I don't think I'm the only one who had bad experiences.
you're here selling the car, I'm talking disinterestedly.
You clearly either have a faulty car or just dont like it,. Either way get rid of it instead of moaning on here and go back to ICE as EV is too difficult for you to understand.

Wow what a …..
i get Ave 4.4kw per mile
either wind up or has every bit of electrics running

I have a pre FL SR and am getting minimum 200m per 100% atm. As a very rough easy calc you can multiply battery size by mpkWh so my 50kWh battery at 200m range is 4kpWh ish. A 60kWh battery would be ballpark 240 miles ish. Though if you have a heavy right foot this will decrease!
I think your find the SR 50kw battery has an average max of 185 miles, so if your getting a lot more you have a really good condition battery, . Or you do 50mph max and are on highest kers. My MG5 is the LR and average 270 miles per charge in the summer so far.

Have had my facelift MG5 long range a month and a week , 3100 miles so far, its great.
I agree The MG5 LR is amazing, we love ours .but have had 12v battery itself probs .

What steady reading do you have on your battery when you press twice without using brake is it 12.5v .Which is should be at min voltage? Also do you know what type of 12 v battery it is ?

I think your find the SR 50kw battery has an average max of 185 miles, so if your getting a lot more you have a really good condition battery, . Or you do 50mph max and are on highest kers. My MG5 is the LR and average 270 miles per charge in the summer so far.
I said I was getting 200m at the moment, in the Winter it will drop. Average will be related to all sorts of variables.

The only thing that would make me get rid of my preface lift LR would be if Kia did a fully electric Ceed sports wagon

How long is a piece of string? range depends on many things apart from battery size and you can't make sweeping all inclusive statements about it. At this time of year I get 220 easily and I've done 60k miles since new, normally in eco/kers2, I'm not a slow driver. Somebody driving regular motorway miles may not get as much as me but if I was getting an average of 185 miles I'd be thinking there's something wrong with my car.

I said I was getting 200m at the moment, in the Winter it will drop. Average will be related to all sorts of variables.
Why don't you look at seeing about if you can have a 61 kWh battery that would only cost you £8k and sell you 51kwh as second hand so would cost even less.

Here' a pic I took today
1692604093975.jpeg

As can be seen at 66% State of Charge ( 2022 LR MG5 ) my range is 203 miles ( not kilometres ) . So what can we deduce from this . Either the OPs car is faulty ( It happens .even in the more premium marques ) , or very badly driven . Also , as an experiment , type " MG bad car " into Google search and see what pops up .
Maybe I'm being a overly suspicious , but so far nobody seems to support the OPs claim , hence nobody else has this problem .
Every motoring forum I've been involved with has had negative reviews regarding their vehicle . Some genuine , some not so

Here' a pic I took today
View attachment 19681
As can be seen at 66% State of Charge ( 2022 LR MG5 ) my range is 203 miles ( not kilometres ) . So what can we deduce from this . Either the OPs car is faulty ( It happens .even in the more premium marques ) , or very badly driven . Also , as an experiment , type " MG bad car " into Google search and see what pops up .
Maybe I'm being a overly suspicious , but so far nobody seems to support the OPs claim , hence nobody else has this problem .
Every motoring forum I've been involved with has had negative reviews regarding their vehicle . Some genuine , some not so
The MG 5 LR are very good cars, you must remember car manufacturers are at the very early stages with EV cars . In the winter you car will probably be around 200m. In the summer it will alter depending on temperatures which is critical at this moment in time. I have just got 300miles from a full charge, but outdoor temp was 22c, should it drop to 15c . I would get 245 miles . All UK and USA cars sold in these countries are set to miles. The main problem with all EV cars is the 12v battery and trying to replace the Alternator with a rectifier 400v to 14.3v . But EV manufacturers have not yet not mastered the correct amperage charge to the 12v battery. That's why including me get low readings on my 12v battery. Hope this helps.

i have the long range facelift never charged to 100% but if i did i would expect around 280miles my average usage at this time of year is 4.4m/Kw quite impressed

i have the long range facelift never charged to 100% but if i did i would expect around 280miles my average usage at this time of year is 4.4m/Kw quite impressed
My last 3 full charges have given me 320ish miles range . Of course that will drop in the winter :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom