just a thought - cable storage

Yes - rapids use the DC charging pins (bottom 2 in the charge port) so provide a plug which fit into all the pins in the charge port. And because they work at a much higher current (hence power) then their cables are a lot thicker - nobody would carry around such a cable in their car so the cables/plugs are tethered. :)

would it be possible to remove the puncture repair kit and use the space for the ev cable? would the cable fit in the space?

I'm in a position where, should we have a puncture I would be unable to do anything and would either limp to a garage or call a breakdown service for a tyre change / repair, so a puncture repair kit is useless for me. From what I've read it's not a legal requirement to carry one.
In my Trophy my cable in the bag fits under the first self with all the tyre stuff. Is the SE different?

The SE doesn't have an adjustable floor boot whereas the Trophy does. (i.e. the higher setting for the Trophy puts the floor level with the boot lip. Put the floor at the lower setting and you have basically the same as what the SE has.

The SE doesn't have an adjustable floor boot whereas the Trophy does. (i.e. the higher setting for the Trophy puts the floor level with the boot lip. Put the floor at the lower setting and you have basically the same as what the SE has.
I didn't realise that the SE models didn't have the adjustable floor until you mentioned it. There are a few things omitted from the SE that I can't help but feel were strange to decisions to make but hey ho

I didn't realise that the SE models didn't have the adjustable floor until you mentioned it. There are a few things omitted from the SE that I can't help but feel were strange to decisions to make but hey ho
If they hadn't been omitted from the SE, then they would have called it a Trophy. :)

As a matter of interest, how often to people need to use their own type 2 cable?
Is it mainly for rapid charging?
Personally, as I have a tethered home charger (no ^%$ car yet though) and very rarely do long distances, I think on the rare occasions that I might need to use a rapid charger, I'd just sling it in the boot on top of any luggage. Either that or put it on the back seat (only the two of us).
Use mine all the time, cant have home charging so its public all the time.

Hi Sloucher,

we own a wallbox( and PV), in our case we use it most of the time because we charge @home.

Greetings from Germany
Frank
@MG4 Standard
Hi Frank
I do have a wallbox (also with PV), but mine has a tethered cable so I wouldn't need a separate cable to charge at home.
I was just wondering when I eventually get my MG4, it came with a granny cable, would it be worth me buying a type 2 cable. As I mentioned, I'd be doing most of my charging at home with the occasional long distance.
Bernie

@MG4 Standard
Hi Frank
I do have a wallbox (also with PV), but mine has a tethered cable so I wouldn't need a separate cable to charge at home.
I was just wondering when I eventually get my MG4, it came with a granny cable, would it be worth me buying a type 2 cable. As I mentioned, I'd be doing most of my charging at home with the occasional long distance.
Bernie
I like to cover all eventualities. I have a granny charger, which came with the car, a home charger and I also bought a type2 cable in order to use untethered public chargers such as those in Tesco’s.

I also used it at Meadowhall in Sheffield when charging was free. However, as free chargers are steadily disappearing then the occasions when i will use it is getting smaller. I think that it was last used about 6 months ago.

However, I still like to have one, just in case.

@MG4 Standard
Hi Frank
Bernie
Depends where you are going to charge. A lot of ‘destination’ chargers are Type 2 and often untethered, so a cable is needed. Rapid chargers are on the major routes, you could use those but it means stopping en-route.

Where I live and go (Devon/Cornwall) there are very few rapid chargers, so Type2 cable matters, but some parts of the country are much better served.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back