L.E.D bonnet light strip MG4

KMC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hello, I have fitted a light strip to my x power which looks great. I want to change it for the one with progressive indicators built in but I am unsure how to access the front bumper indicator wires? And also which is the correct colour wire to clamp onto? Has anyone done this please? Any help appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6732.png
    IMG_6732.png
    425.4 KB · Views: 866
There’s a wiring diagram online that might help you.

You also might get the other info you need in the service manual, which is also online.

Hey KMC,

could you pls. post a picture showing your car with the light strip?

Thanks 👍
Chris
IMG_6755.jpeg

Hi Chris as promised 👍.
Unfortunately couldn’t post the 15 second video which shows the scan startup, but hope this gives you the idea? It stays on until I lock/shutdown my car 😎

Why is there someone in a white balaclava in the passenger seat? Are you being taken hostage? Do we need to alert the authorities? ;)
Some neighbours recently got their car interior rifled due to not locking their car. I have a white Bali on both front headrests, that way if theres 💩 on my drive I know they tried my car door 🤣😂🤣

IF I told you that, then another MG4 would have one 🤔.
It took me ages to figure out. Sorry not ready to share yet, no offence intended.

That's a bit mean, since you joined the forum on Saturday specifically to ask for help with your installation, and got it.

What's the chances of you ever coming across someone else from the forum who has adopted your idea anyway? Personally, I'd be chuffed if other people wanted to copy a mod I'd introduced.

Hello, I have fitted a light strip to my x power which looks great. I want to change it for the one with progressive indicators built in but I am unsure how to access the front bumper indicator wires? And also which is the correct colour wire to clamp onto? Has anyone done this please? Any help appreciated thanks.
Hi, did you stick the stripe to the bonnet lid, or the body above the badge?

What is the strip powered by? What connections have you used?

Get yourself a wire probe.
Open bonnet.
Find the wires leading to the Headlight unit.
Put on sidelights.
Probe wires til you find the live.
Splice in, and don't forget to earth.
You will void the warranty on your entire lighting system.
Have fun.

Screenshot_20240126_140625_Chrome.jpg

Sorry for chiming in here but it seems a bit rich you asking for assistance in your OP but refusing to give any to others
I can understand that. However I didnt get any viable help, I had to pay an auto electrician.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom