Leaving the car for most of February

Saw a video a few days ago where a Tesla caught fire. Owner went to the police alleging arson. Police said no, "everybody knows" Teslas just catch fire spontaneously. But the sentry mode revealed someone pouring petrol over the car (and into it) and setting light to it.
Which is precisely why they leave Sentry Mode running and risk the battery drain.

I had a chat with my neighbour, an RAC patrolman, about this, in relation to my motorbike. He said about two years for petrol, and my experiences with the motorbike, and with petrol kept in a plastic can, bear this out.
I tend to agree, I've had petrol for my lawn mower in the same container for two years (or more) in the past and never had a problem starting the mower.
The 5 gallon of petrol contaminated with diesel I had in my garage for 20 years or so didn't fare so well though, it ended up as a gooey treacle like substance reduced to about a gallon.

I tend to agree, I've had petrol for my lawn mower in the same container for two years (or more) in the past and never had a problem starting the mower.
The 5 gallon of petrol contaminated with diesel I had in my garage for 20 years or so didn't fare so well though, it ended up as a gooey treacle like substance reduced to about a gallon.
Loosen it with a bit more petrol and use it as creosote. The neighbours will love the smell drifting across their gardens but it'll keep the flies away 🤣

Loosen it with a bit more petrol and use it as creosote. The neighbours will love the smell drifting across their gardens but it'll keep the flies away 🤣
Isha blew my fence to matchsticks so my neighbour is set for ages with fine kindling for his log burner. I tried the chemist but the lassie had never heard of petrol so I’ll just use my medieval left over Duckhams 20/50 and whatever the evil contents of my emergency can of diesel blended with Tesco cheap cooking oil that fuelled my Renault Kangoo about 12 years ago. Meanwhile I’ll take the cue to check the Ryobi lawnmower ready for the annual grass chasing season.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back