Look what I found next to my MG in the carpark!

TassiedEVil

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
This may not be such a big deal for anyone outside Australia, but the Kia Niro hasn't hit the shops yet in Australia. So it was a little bit
exciting (this is Tasmania remember) to see one parked next to our MG in Hobart this morning. It's got Victorian plates and the new hybrid
was also parked there - maybe they're doing a dealership tour to get the Kia staff familiar before release. Anyway, it looked quite nice but I think
the MG held its own!!
IMG_0954 (1).jpg

This may not be such a big deal for anyone outside Australia, but the Kia Niro hasn't hit the shops yet in Australia. So it was a little bit
exciting (this is Tasmania remember) to see one parked next to our MG in Hobart this morning. It's got Victorian plates and the new hybrid
was also parked there - maybe they're doing a dealership tour to get the Kia staff familiar before release. Anyway, it looked quite nice but I think
the MG held its own!!
View attachment 3206
Nice !.
His / her parking could have been a little better 🤣.

I 'raced' an e-niro from a traffic light the other day. The cars were side by side from standstill to 75mph then maintained that speed until the Niro turned off the road.
Performance is very similar but e-niro has better range but is about £10k more.

I 'raced' an e-niro from a traffic light the other day. The cars were side by side from standstill to 75mph then maintained that speed until the Niro turned off the road.
Performance is very similar but e-niro has better range but is about £10k more.
Most EV’s are pretty quick off the line up to about 30 - 35 Mph and catch a lot of ICE drivers completely off guard.
The race is usually all over, when the ICE driver has to make that gear change between 1st and 2nd gear.
There is no “Lag” or lost time because of the lack of any necessary gear changes in the EV of course.
Torque on an electric motor is available straight from the “Get Go” - Not so on an ICE car.
Traffic light “Grand Prix” can be fun alright, if not a little high on energy consumption though of course !.
It’s the lack of any type of engine sound that fools most people at the lights.
The “White Van” drivers and “Boy Racers” will usually rev there engines prior to pulling away from the line.
Because the EV makes no noise, they think you don’t want to play.
Until you pull away hard from the line and by then it’s too late for them to react. !.
If they have done battle before with a ZS - it has likely been an ICE model and not an EV because they look almost identical.
It’s all good fun in an EV - Enjoy !.

I have to say, before purchasing my ZS EV, I test drove the E-Niro and the Hyundai Kona, and recently had a Peugeot e-2008 as a courtesy car, and the ZS feels faster than all of them. Dunno if it's ride height or whatever, it just feels faster...

I have to say, before purchasing my ZS EV, I test drove the E-Niro and the Hyundai Kona, and recently had a Peugeot e-2008 as a courtesy car, and the ZS feels faster than all of them. Dunno if it's ride height or whatever, it just feels faster...
It may actually be faster, it's way faster 0 to 60 than the official figures would have us believe... ;)

Well, as I said in my first post, the two cars were side by side all the way to 75mph, and my right foot was flat on the floor.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom