Low mileage service plan observations

Don't forget though that you will lose the AA cover and the bear! I'm going to check with my local approved garage and see how much they charge. I will also add on the cost of RAC assistance which is £34 cheaper than the AA at £145 and see which works out cheaper. Although, I might go back to AutoAid who I've used in the past.

Last edited:
Well ive done 5.5k miles on my MG5. First year service was £30 at Chorley MG. Got Free car wash and another year free AA breakdown. For that price why would anyone bother with service plan when it costs £30.

Well ive done 5.5k miles on my MG5. First year service was £30 at Chorley MG. Got Free car wash and another year free AA breakdown. For that price why would anyone bother with service plan when it costs £30.
A lot of people on the forum have been clobbered for upto £400 for their 2nd year service. Prices vary wildly.

A lot of people on the forum have been clobbered for upto £400 for their 2nd year service. Prices vary wildly.
I don't think I've ever paid over £200 for a service on any car ever so I've no idea how or why people are paying that. On EV cars you don't even have oil changes etc either.

Thank you so much for posting this. I've had my MG for a couple of weeks now and wanted to find the best service plan for it. Your summary makes me want to go for the 5 year plan. Does the AA cover come as standard on those service plans? It is something I read you get when you service at a dealer, and the AA cover alone would make it worth it.
Unfortunately these deals aren’t available, MG apparently had a fall out with Ecodynamics. You now need to contact dealers direct and ask if they do a service plan. The principle should still stand though as MG do have a low mileage service.

EU law said any servicing by a VAT registered garage would maintain a warranty. I don’t think that has changed even though we are out of the EU now.

Doesn’t matter what MG write in “small print”.

EU law said any servicing by a VAT registered garage would maintain a warranty. I don’t think that has changed even though we are out of the EU now.

Doesn’t matter what MG write in “small print”.
That would be the standard warranty not the extended 7 year one if that makes sense

The EU block exemptions are ending not worth the risk when you don't even save that much and lose aa cover
Yes, I would always get any new car serviced by the dealer.

Interestingly, Tesla don’t require their cars to be serviced at all to maintain the warranty.

Yes, I would always get any new car serviced by the dealer.

Interestingly, Tesla don’t require their cars to be serviced at all to maintain the warranty.
Probably the joy of being ev only and all there parts are in house?

Mines booked in for it's first service on Wednesday at Chaplehouse MG in Wigan, I think it will definitely qualify for a low mileage service with just 876 miles on the clock :eek: :D
Hi I came across this thread only yesterday and I hope you don’t mind me asking but how did you get on with your service at Chapelhouse in wigan the reason I ask is I live in wigan but my car came from a dealer in Crewe I took out a MG service plan when I got the car but was told my nearest dealer on that plan was Chorley MG
Les.

The EU block exemptions are ending not worth the risk when you don't even save that much and lose aa cover
Not ending, being updated next year to account for all the changes over the last 12 years.

"Executive Vice-President Margrethe Vestager, in charge of competition policy, said: “Our evaluation has shown that the Motor Vehicle Block Exemption Regulation has made it easier for businesses in the automotive sector to assess whether their agreements are in line with the EU rules on competition. At the same time, it showed that we need to take into account the emergence of new technologies and the increasing role of data in competitive dynamics in this industry. The Commission will therefore reflect on how to address these issues to ensure that the rules remain fit for a rapidly changing automotive industry."

APPROVED garages don't necessarily mean mg approved and when you look at most say they use oem approved parts not necessarily genuine
That's what the dealers want you to believe as servicing is where they make most of their money. :)

"You can place your trust in the hands of any Approved Garages, safe in the knowledge that you will NOT invalidate your vehicle warranty. All Approved Garages can service or repair any make or model of vehicle in accordance with the block exemption regulation that states you are not obliged to take your vehicle back to a main dealer."

Hi I came across this thread only yesterday and I hope you don’t mind me asking but how did you get on with your service at Chapelhouse in wigan the reason I ask is I live in wigan but my car came from a dealer in Crewe I took out a MG service plan when I got the car but was told my nearest dealer on that plan was Chorley MG
Les.

It was fine, I had no problems although no software updates were done, they said if it needs any they will be done. I dropped the car off with them & went into town for a couple of hours to do a bit of shopping until it was done.

That's what the dealers want you to believe as servicing is where they make most of their money. :)

"You can place your trust in the hands of any Approved Garages, safe in the knowledge that you will NOT invalidate your vehicle warranty. All Approved Garages can service or repair any make or model of vehicle in accordance with the block exemption regulation that states you are not obliged to take your vehicle back to a main dealer."
Screenshot_20220306_103846.jpg
Screenshot_20220306_103926.jpg

Not ending, being updated next year to account for all the changes over the last 12 years.

"Executive Vice-President Margrethe Vestager, in charge of competition policy, said: “Our evaluation has shown that the Motor Vehicle Block Exemption Regulation has made it easier for businesses in the automotive sector to assess whether their agreements are in line with the EU rules on competition. At the same time, it showed that we need to take into account the emergence of new technologies and the increasing role of data in competitive dynamics in this industry. The Commission will therefore reflect on how to address these issues to ensure that the rules remain fit for a rapidly changing automotive industry."
There still ending they won't necessarily be replaced like for like and even if they do its for standard warranties only not extended
Screenshot_20220306_104409_com.android.chrome.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom