Low mileage service plan observations

What are people paying for a 2nd service (ie: 2 year anniversary) "low mileage" MG ZS EV? Mileage less than 10K after 2 years.

It should be pointed out the 7 Year Warranty provided with the MG ZS EV is the factory warranty and not an extended warranty. The warranty actually states that parts used during service and repair have to be genuine for the warranty to remain valid.
Warranty for years 4/5/6 and 7 are part of the extended warranty

The MG Warranty makes no use of the term “Extended Warranty”.

The first 12 months are unlimited mileage, up to 84 months is limited by 80,000 miles.

But they go out of there way to say 4567 differ to 1st 3 years?
I personally would not want to test the boundaries

Yep. After paying a lot for a car I intend to keep for several years it makes complete sense to use the approved MG service centre for all work on the car.

What are people paying for a 2nd service (ie: 2 year anniversary) "low mileage" MG ZS EV? Mileage less than 10K after 2 years.

If you look at the images it on the start of this thread it shows 2nd year service for low mileage at around £90 and standard mileage about double that. I know a number of people who’ve paid those prices. That said I also know a couple that have been charged significantly more, so shop around and make sure your dealer is giving you good value.

Last edited:
Our MGZSEV will require its second service in the coming months and I contacted MG, part of their Call Centre Team reply follows:
"With regards to the service plan, we can confirm that MG do not provide service plan at the moment, however, it will be reintroduced in May."
I add this comment for information purposes.

Our MGZSEV will require its second service in the coming months and I contacted MG, part of their Call Centre Team reply follows:
"With regards to the service plan, we can confirm that MG do not provide service plan at the moment, however, it will be reintroduced in May."
I add this comment for information purposes.
Yes, these service plans were withdrawn last year. You might still be able to get a service plan by asking your dealer.

Main reason now for the thread is to illustrate expected prices of individual services for low and normal mileage services and to highlight the things to watch out for if you do take out any service plan

Coincidently i went to my local dealer yesterday to order something and asked the sales guy about service plan and he said the same, not currently available but are being reintroduced in may so you can sign up then

Today I got a message from MG:
Thank you for your email and I hope that you have been keeping well.
It is correct that MG service plans have now gone live through our dealerships, supplied by E-Dynamix.
You should contact your local MG dealership who will have been provided all relevant information regarding the new service plans that were launched last week, they can then provide you with a quote.
In around a months time, we are hoping to have service plans launched on our website where you will be able to add all relevant details and obtain a quote for yourself.
For the time being, the dealership will be the ones completing this for you.

The dealer (of choice) I spoke to did advise that the MGs "own" service plans were reported to be very competitively priced.

Today I got a message from MG:
Thank you for your email and I hope that you have been keeping well.
It is correct that MG service plans have now gone live through our dealerships, supplied by E-Dynamix.
You should contact your local MG dealership who will have been provided all relevant information regarding the new service plans that were launched last week, they can then provide you with a quote.
In around a months time, we are hoping to have service plans launched on our website where you will be able to add all relevant details and obtain a quote for yourself.
For the time being, the dealership will be the ones completing this for you.
Thank you. I'd seen that they'd added the service page back on their site MG Service Plans, but hadn't included any pricing. The dealer I asked about it last week had no idea...good to know it exists and I'm not going crazy. I'll keep my eye out for when they add the details to their page.

I've just paid £107 other local main dealer wanted £170
I wonder whether things like a brake fluid and pollen filter change were included as one dealer suggested to me these items do require change due to age, irrespective of mileage.

I wonder whether things like a brake fluid and pollen filter change were included as one dealer suggested to me these items do require change due to age, irrespective of mileage.
Suppliers of brake fluid want you to change it every 2 years, whereas the general advise is every 4 to 5 years. Not sure what the warranty requirements are on the MG.

just my two penneth worth, but I got my service plan with Baylis MG Gloucester in June and its costing me 6.30 per month for the 4 year plan... that keeps my warranty in check and also gives me the year on year AA breakdown cover... not only that they are an awesome dealer that my family have had dealings with for over 60 years.

Does the breakdown cover go on for ever, ISTR someone mentioning only 4 years ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom