Map update 2022

So until now i tried the following

USB formatted as FAT32

Copy maps folder to root of USB
Copy folders and files inside of maps folder to root of USB

USB formatted as NTFS

Copied RAR file to root of USB

Until now, the same result every time "No map data found"

Next test is copying maps folder to the root of the USB, formatted as NTFS and Copy the stuff in maps folder to root of USB.

JSON file contains the following

{
"Region": "EU",
"Transaction tag": "DEN1-EU38-391-4J19",
"MapSupplier": "HERE",
"Map Version": "22Q1 202204172242",
"Content license level": "0",
"Part Number": "12345678",
"Jira": "WK-4651"
}

Technically this means that this map update is not for you guys :) (EU :) )

No matter if the USB is formatted to FAT32 or NTFS, if i plug it in, the car will make an "android" folder on the drive, this to me, indicates that the drive is recognized and the file system is readable by the car, so now it probably only takes someone to figure out what and where to put the files for the car to be able to find them.
Wonder if you have to start with usb in car first like the gen 1 naviextras manual says?

Wonder if you have to start with usb in car first like the gen 1 naviextras manual says?
I can try.

When i plug the thumbdrive into the car, it says "Kingston connected" (Kingston is the name of the drive, this is another variable, maybe it will only look for map updates if the drive inserted has a specific name)

After it has detected the drive, i go to settings and do "Update map and VR data" and it says it has not found any map data for the 3 categories.

Maps
VR data
User manual

My thinking was, that it probably wanted the "maps" folder in the root of the drive, as it would look for "maps", "vr" "usermanual" folders for the 3 things it can update.

Right now i am copying the files again, and as there are 113.994 files in total in the maps folder, it takes forever.

Unpacked the maps folder is 18.5 GB

I can try.

When i plug the thumbdrive into the car, it says "Kingston connected" (Kingston is the name of the drive, this is another variable, maybe it will only look for map updates if the drive inserted has a specific name)

After it has detected the drive, i go to settings and do "Update map and VR data" and it says it has not found any map data for the 3 categories.

Maps
VR data
User manual

My thinking was, that it probably wanted the "maps" folder in the root of the drive, as it would look for "maps", "vr" "usermanual" folders for the 3 things it can update.

Right now i am copying the files again, and as there are 113.994 files in total in the maps folder, it takes forever.

Unpacked the maps folder is 18.5 GB
Might be worth dumping the RAR on the usb stick & try the startup with USB stick in?

Have you tried the rar file you download in the the file the car makes?

Last edited:
Tried putting it into the android folder, but that did not work

Another observation.

If i have the "maps" folder in the root of the USB, the message when i try to update is actually "Getting volume info" and if it is anywhere else i get "No update data available" (My translation from Danish to English, so on a system set to English the message might be a bit different)

I just let the thumbdrive stay connected and i will check in 15 minutes if it says something other than "Getting volume info", Maybe it just needs 5 minutes to read the drive before i can press "update"

Tried putting it into the android folder, but that did not work

Another observation.

If i have the "maps" folder in the root of the USB, the message when i try to update is actually "Getting volume info" and if it is anywhere else i get "No update data available" (My translation from Danish to English, so on a system set to English the message might be a bit different)

I just let the thumbdrive stay connected and i will check in 15 minutes if it says something other than "Getting volume info", Maybe it just needs 5 minutes to read the drive before i can press "update"
If it's thumbing through all those files it will I expect be slower at it than your pc/laptop...

If it's thumbing through all those files it will I expect be slower at it than your pc/laptop...
Definitely I have done map updates on ice cars where you have to keep battery on charge as its taken 90mins

Progress...

It now showed me that there were map updates...

I was able to continue and now it says "Doing MD5 hash on all files"

Seems like we are getting somewhere here.

Unpacked "maps" folder in the root of the thumbdrive

Just needed to be patient, it took minutes before it Would let me continue and then a couple of minutes checking MD5 hashes.

Right now the progress bar is about 1/3 of the way as I sit in My car in My underwear unwilling to leave the car until it has finished 🤪

Unpacked "maps" folder in the root of the thumbdrive

Just needed to be patient, it took minutes before it Would let me continue and then a couple of minutes checking MD5 hashes.

Right now the progress bar is about 1/3 of the way as I sit in My car in My underwear unwilling to leave the car until it has finished 🤪
Hahaha, 🤞I think a lot of people will be so pleased to have this as a guide for future reference, so ty for your perseverance.

Cartella "mappe" decompressa nella radice della chiavetta

Dovevo solo essere paziente, ci sono voluti minuti prima che mi lasciasse continuare e poi un paio di minuti per controllare gli hash MD5.

In questo momento la barra di avanzamento è a circa 1/3 mentre mi siedo in macchina in mutande e non voglio lasciare l'auto finché non è finita🤪
...attendo con ansia

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom