Map update 2022

Maps updated, navigation now reports maps as 22Q1

Attachments

• IMG20220628211019.jpg
    IMG20220628211019.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 179
@hmadsen I know it's a bit of a pain but do you think you could make a new thread ie this is how to update maps Gen2
From start ie where to download and how to finish and hopefully we could get it pinned by @admin? For a bit and locked so no replys
Or there will be loads of separate threads

@hmadsen I know it's a bit of a pain but do you think you could make a new thread ie this is how to update maps Gen2
From start ie where to download and how to finish and hopefully we could get it pinned by @admin? For a bit
Or there will be loads of separate threads
Way ahead of you, i thought it would be better to have one guide, instead of this 3 page thread with lots of missed attempts.

If someone tries the tutorial and have suggestions for changes, or something is not accurate when it was translated from English to Danish and i translate it back, please dont hesitate to tell me, and i will make the changes.

Edit: the tutorial is here:

Tutorial for updating maps on ZS EV Gen 2

Last edited by a moderator:
The most important thing to take away from this, besides getting the maps updated, is in my book that there were NO kind of encryption, no need for keys, fingerprints or anything else.

This means that we are likely to get free map updates atleast until 2027 where it says that all connected services will end)

Only catch here is offcourse IF they will release map updates.

I feel that 5 years of free updates is pretty acceptable, especially if they would make an option for me to buy another X years at a reasonable price.

MAYBE....It will even be possible for someone crafty to adapt HERE maps from other car manufacturers, so they will be accepted by our navigation, if they should select to discontinue doing the updates.

Just had a read through on your tutorial page, makes sense to me (y) Will give it a go in the morning.
There might be missing a "Press next" in the odd place, but i think most people will be sensible enough to understand that if the only option is pressing "next" then they will do it, even if i did not put it in my tutorial :)

I wonder if this is because unpacked the folder?
No RAR files are not encrypted. They can be though, but it would not make a lot of sense here as the password would be identical so if someone bought the code from MG, everyone would have it.

My guess is still, that the car will check the current date against the expiry date and stop accepting updates after that date.

I did think that expiry date was just live data ie through the sim but time will tell

First downside i have come across on my MG !

Why is it so damned complicated to update the maps ? Looks like a degree in computer science would be an asset. 😉

The Audi I traded in did it automatically without any input from me !

Oh yes ....

And I didn't have to accept the conditions every time I used the sat nav either

First downside i have come across on my MG !

Why is it so damned complicated to update the maps ? Looks like a degree in computer science would be an asset. 😉

The Audi I traded in did it automatically without any input from me !

Oh yes ....

And I didn't have to accept the conditions every time I used the sat nav either
To be fair it's not THAT difficult.

I agree it would be better if it would just pop up "New maps available, do you want to update".

Only strange choice is, them using the RAR format instead of ZIP.

But the good thing here is, that they can do OTA updates of the infotainment, i would guess that means that they could theoretically add map updates directly via the radio, in a new firmware update.

That would offcourse mean, that they would have to do ACTUAL updates OTA, which we have not seen yet.

I would even settle for "Update OTA of maps, but only if you connect the infotainment to an external Wifi source via the menu.

Ive tried to put the files both inside and outside the folder. It rakes like 3 minutes for the car to find it but then the MD5 fails.

Tried unpacking it straight to USB but no success. Drive is Fat32…

Ive tried to put the files both inside and outside the folder. It rakes like 3 minutes for the car to find it but then the MD5 fails.

Tried unpacking it straight to USB but no success. Drive is Fat32…

Only PC, try format as NTFS

If it fails i would try a different USB drive.

People are saying the 4g data limit is 1gb pm so would take best part of 1year and 1/2 🤔😳😂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom