Map update 2022

People are saying the 4g data limit is 1gb pm so would take best part of 1year and 1/2 🤔😳😂
I wish they would just have made it so, that it would say on screen :

New maps for your car has been released, please connect the car to an unlimited wifi source to download and install, estimated size of download 18 Gbyte

They could just release that functionality in a OTA update.

But that would offcourse require them actually releasing an update for the infotainment :)

People are saying the 4g data limit is 1gb pm so would take best part of 1year and 1/2 🤔😳😂

Surely that would be 4 months if you did nothing else with it ? Also, the Connect will use your home WiFi when close enough, so would be very fast.

My BMW uses WiFi to download local country maps. For the entire Europe map it uses USB as the download is just over 16GBytes.

Surely that would be 4 months if you did nothing else with it ? Also, the Connect will use your home WiFi when close enough, so would be very fast.

My BMW uses WiFi to download local country maps. For the entire Europe map it uses USB as the download is just over 16GBytes.
Sorry don't add up 4 months is only 4gb

The rar file (archive) seems to be 14 GB.
Yes approx 15 GByte packed, and approx 18 Gbyte unpacked.

It's ok they packed it, takes a bit of load off of their server, but should have been ZIP, as there is universal support for that built in to most operating systems.

Yes. Format as NTFS and put the ”maps” folder in the root of the drive. It works. Thanks specially to ”@hmadsen” for instructions!

usb is exfat, the car says after select from usb, failed md5 mode?? Helps highly appreciated !
47ECB802-2AD7-4412-9B31-59DF8CF0BAE2.jpeg

Last edited:
I tried another usb, did what the tutorial said and now the map is 2022 finally! Can anyone update the firewire via service channel or yourself? Just curious.

Anyone have the update file they can share, it's no longer on the website for download and my maps is from Q2 2021, for a car that got delivered this month that is old software.

Anyone have the update file they can share, it's no longer on the website for download and my maps is from Q2 2021, for a car that got delivered this month that is old software.
I have no idea if this works, i have the RAR file that i downloaded, and i put it on Mega upload site

I hope this works, and i do not know if there are any limits, but please try it out.

As said, this is the file as i received it, you still need to go through the rest of the setup.

I really wonder why they removed the update.

Only strange thing i found after installing it, was that my home address was set to a place in France i think, and that it had a "favorites" list that suddenly had addresses in Germany, France and so on.

I have no idea if this works, i have the RAR file that i downloaded, and i put it on Mega upload site

I hope this works, and i do not know if there are any limits, but please try it out.

As said, this is the file as i received it, you still need to go through the rest of the setup.

I really wonder why they removed the update.

Only strange thing i found after installing it, was that my home address was set to a place in France i think, and that it had a "favorites" list that suddenly had addresses in Germany, France and so on.
That might be why they removed it 😁

Anywhere dubious?

That might be why they removed it 😁

Anywhere dubious?
Yeah, i dont know, i just cleared the list, and had a surprisingly hard time getting it to delete my "home address" which was, as said, suddenly somewhere in france. :)

This is very good, well done, how do you tell what version is currently installed before upd
In the settings for maps, there is an "about page" or something to that effect, this will show something like 2021Q1 for 1 quarter 2021

When updated the maps with be Q1 2022, which is a lot newer than the Q3 2020 i had....But i just discovered that a roundabout that was made about 1 year ago, is still not on the Q1 2022 map, it is still shown as just 2 roads crossing eachother, like was the case before they made the roundabout, so even updated maps are "behind" with updates.

In the settings for maps, there is an "about page" or something to that effect, this will show something like 2021Q1 for 1 quarter 2021

When updated the maps with be Q1 2022, which is a lot newer than the Q3 2020 i had....But i just discovered that a roundabout that was made about 1 year ago, is still not on the Q1 2022 map, it is still shown as just 2 roads crossing eachother, like was the case before they made the roundabout, so even updated maps are "behind" with updates.
Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom