Mg 4 headlights failed to come on

Surely you'd know if your headlights were off? The darker than expected piece of tarmac in front of you should be a huge clue.

That's not the case as you can not disable the daytime running lights and they turn off as well with the fault Also the mg4 dash is telling you that the headlights are on .

You wouldn't know if they're off in a well lit area like a town but what confuses even more the car is displaying your headlights are on . But they're not

At the beginning of this thread we discussed the possibility this is linked to the ‘welcome lights’ setting being switched on
Perhaps you can try disabling that and see if it somehow stops the problem from happening again.

Just in case it happens to me, when this fault occurs does flicking the switch to off then on, or off then auto, not bring the lights back on ?

Surely you'd know if your headlights were off? The darker than expected piece of tarmac in front of you should be a huge clue.
As Rudi suggested below, it wasn’t really noticeable on a well lit road. As soon a I hit the M’way it became all too obvious. Again, it made it more confusing as the dash was saying all was working on auto.

I had the same issue today. when I unlocked the car, the headlight went on. When I started to drive, the headlight went off, although dash is showing headlight is on.

lock and unlock didn't help, press and hold the home button to reset the car, the light still didn't go on. but after 15 secs or so, the headlight turned on itself.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Jesus, can mg just stop with the bad glitchy software. I had mine a year and the software still felt very much in Beta phase.

I had the same issue today. when I unlocked the car, the headlight went on. When I started to drive, the headlight went off, although dash is showing headlight is on.

lock and unlock didn't help, press and hold the home button to reset the car, the light still didn't go on. but after 15 secs or so, the headlight turned on itself.

Has anyone found a solution to this?
Do you have the ‘welcome lights’ option enabled? If yes, try disabling it and see whether it ever happens again.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back