MG 4 won’t charge

craigb2120

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
My car was charging fine then yesterday I plugged it in overnight and it hardly charged . Today it won’t charge again

I have not changed any settings and looking at the charger it is looking for approval to change as it says approve in the app

When plugged in now it does not go straight to green

The car app I managed to approve it last night it went green but must have then stopped as it didn’t charge

I have no scheduling set and I have rebooted my charger

If I try and approve in the app it keeps on saying failed

Any ideas ?
IMG_1034.jpeg

Any ideas ?
Cant tell if it’s an Ohme or an MG issue. If you need tech help from Ohme I have found them excellent and the number is 020 3375 1586, they will help you diagnose. If you need tech help from MG then my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Are you with Octopus for electric, what tarriff?

Just check you haven't set a charging schedule on your Ohme charger and on the iSmartapp or car otherwise they get confused.

Just check you haven't set a charging schedule on your Ohme charger and on the iSmartapp or car otherwise they get confused.
Hi

No I had one for 11.30 - 7.30 but removed it just in case it was the issue but still the same problem

Are you with Octopus for electric, what tarriff?
Yes with octopus - the one that’s cheaper after 11.30

None set

None set

My car was charging fine then yesterday I plugged it in overnight and it hardly charged . Today it won’t charge again

I have not changed any settings and looking at the charger it is looking for approval to change as it says approve in the app

The car app I managed to approve it last night it went green but must have then stopped as it didn’t charge

Any ideas ?View attachment 17229

Any ideas ?View attachment 17229

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpeg
    IMG_1035.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1036.png
    IMG_1036.png
    464.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1037.png
    IMG_1037.png
    483.6 KB · Views: 86
Hi

No I had one for 11.30 - 7.30 but removed it just in case it was the issue but still the same problem

Then you will have to start charging manually in the Ohme app when charging should begin of course. Any reason why are you not using a schedule in the Ohme app, that's the whole raison d'etre of intelligent Octopus?

Lots of suggestions here, but the key thing OP hasn't yet answered is whether he is intending to manually start the charge immediately upon plugging in i.e by selecting the Max Charge option on the Ohme Pro. Is that what you are trying to achieve?

Just went to a fast charger - plugged it in and asked to app to start charging - it went green and started charging but then stopped after a few minutes

Have you tried turning it off and back on at the CU?
What is the CU ?

Lots of suggestions here, but the key thing OP hasn't yet answered is whether he is intending to manually start the charge immediately upon plugging in i.e by selecting the Max Charge option on the Ohme Pro. Is that what you are trying to achieve?
Just trying to charge to max as per usual

Attachments

• IMG_1038.jpeg
    IMG_1038.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 75
CU = Consumer Unit = your main "fuse" box. Turn off the breaker that feeds the Ohme, wait a minute, turn it back on.

However if you're having problems at another (public) charge point then the issue might be to do with the car's onboard charger.

Just went to a fast charger - plugged it in and asked to app to start charging - it went green and started charging but then stopped after a few minutes

You shouldn’t need to use the app to start charging, it should just start at a public charger unless you have a schedule set. Not sure why you are using the app in that scenario?

Just trying to charge to max as usual

Not enough information for anyone to help you. The point of Ohme is that it is a smart charger, you enter the amount of charge you want and it takes care of the rest. From your replies you seem to be using it as a dumb charger. Suggest either speak to Ohme or explain in more detail here if you want help.

I don’t usually have to use the app to start any charge - I has worked up until now

I think it’s an issue with the car as I plugged it in when I got back and it started charging - all very strange

Mine also prefers to be off when charging, it won’t accept the charge unless I either lock or turn off in the safety section of driving.

It's really interesting how different the cars seem to be. Mine always starts charging right away, wherever I plug it in (AC or DC - no difference). It doesn't matter if it's turned on or off, it just begins charging.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back