Alexa

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hi guys, do any of you have a charging card from MG? I'm getting mine in the post next week, and as I've bought an XPower I'm getting a starting credit of 2000 euros (pounds ... 1710 ;-) in addition to the discount and the promotion for buying an XPower, for your information: all in all I got a discount of 8000 euros (pounds ... 6840). So the XPower only cost me 39,990 euros - that's in pounds ... 34,200, but I'm talking about the charging card here, not the purchase price, I just wanted to mention in passing what is possible in Austria ;-)

You have to leave the church in the village, so to speak. ;-)
I will now show you exactly how it breaks down...

MG gave a one-off discount of 1000 euros (pouns ...855) when buying this model (order until 10.2023).
In addition, we received the charging card (which will be sent to me) with an electricity credit of 2000 euros (pounds ... 1710) when we picked it up from MG.
The state of Austria subsidises an e-car with 2000 euros (pounds ... 1710).
The federal government in Austria subsidises an e-car with 3000 euros (pounds ... 2565).
This results in a total amount of subsidies and discounts of 8000 euros (pounds ... 6841).

MG gave a one-off discount of 1000 euros (pouns ...855) when buying this model (order until 10.2023).
In addition, we received the charging card (which will be sent to me) with an electricity credit of 2000 euros (pounds ... 1710) when we picked it up from MG.
The federal government in Austria subsidises an e-car with 3000 euros (pounds ... 2565).
This results in a total amount of subsidies and discounts of 8000 euros (pounds ... 6841).
That is definitely not going to happen here 😱

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that my electricity provider (the provider that supplies me with electricity at home) will give me a one-off credit of 600 euros (pounds ... 513).

That's it with the subsidies, at least at the moment, in Austria...

In Austria, e-mobility is currently being extremely subsidised just to be able to achieve CO2 emissions by 2030. The EU is making the regulations, luckily I'm not a politician :)

Here is the X Power is €44,990 and the government subsidy is €10,000, so the final price is € 34,990.

Currently considering this car but I'll wait to see what the interior upgrades will be later this year.

Additional there is no NOVA tax to be paid for ev's, as it is for ICE cars (based on CO2 emissions and can be up to ~36% = 30% + 20% vat).
The benefit of € 5.000,- (2k & 3k) is correct, but you have to own the car for 4 years otherwise you may have to give back some of this money.

Another benefit here in Austria is that there is no additional insurance tax on the liable insurance, making it cheaper as for ICE cars.

Regarding costs, the price in Austria already reduced by this 5k is higher than in some other countries on the continent. But it's hard to compare as most countries do have some kind of subsidies or just other tax regulations, like no vat for ev for example.
BTW: Austria had in 2023 the 2. highest inflation rate within the EU, which makes comparing prices not easier)

I got my xpower about one week before you, but I never read or heard about getting a charging card from MG with 2k euros of credit. Not on the MG Austria homepage nor from the dealer and there was none in my mail until today.
I only know german MG customers got such a charging card of an energy supplier with 3k (?) credit last year.
How did you manage to get this card?

Additional there is no NOVA tax to be paid for ev's, as it is for ICE cars (based on CO2 emissions and can be up to ~36% = 30% + 20% vat).
The benefit of € 5.000,- (2k & 3k) is correct, but you have to own the car for 4 years otherwise you may have to give back some of this money.

Another benefit here in Austria is that there is no additional insurance tax on the liable insurance, making it cheaper as for ICE cars.

Regarding costs, the price in Austria already reduced by this 5k is higher than in some other countries on the continent. But it's hard to compare as most countries do have some kind of subsidies or just other tax regulations, like no vat for ev for example.
BTW: Austria had in 2023 the 2. highest inflation rate within the EU, which makes comparing prices not easier)

I got my xpower about one week before you, but I never read or heard about getting a charging card from MG with 2k euros of credit. Not on the MG Austria homepage nor from the dealer and there was none in my mail until today.
I only know german MG customers got such a charging card of an energy supplier with 3k (?) credit last year.
How did you manage to get this card?

I have sent you a PM.

Here is the X Power is €44,990 and the government subsidy is €10,000, so the final price is € 34,990.

Currently considering this car but I'll wait to see what the interior upgrades will be later this year.

There are very good conditions in Cyprus!

Given the types of driving in Cyprus I would consider the ZS LR, it has a very good ground clearance. Definately would go for solar panels, the goverment deal is very good (as is the sunshine).

That is definitely not going to happen here 😱
Agreed, those days are gone. I got a good deal back in 2020 on my ZS with discounts etc. adding up to over £6,000, but there's very little available now in terms of discounts and no grants.

Given the types of driving in Cyprus I would consider the ZS LR, it has a very good ground clearance. Definately would go for solar panels, the goverment deal is very good (as is the sunshine).
I already have a 4kw PV system installed last year, so charging will effectively be free as I won't be driving lots of kms. With the PV system my electricity bill for an all electric 5 bed detached house was €35 for a 2 month period and most of that was made up of the fixed charges. Definitely worthwhile going 100% electric over here with all of the sunshine.

Conversely, I don't understand why the English drive electrically in so much bad weather :) :) :)
Have you not watched any Bjorn Nyland's YouTube videos ? He drives and tests EV's at -28c in snow and ice 😊😉.

All EV incentives here in the UK are slowly vanishing 😒😒. We will soon (2025) be paying road tax on EV's too (currently free on all EV's).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back