MG ismart app - unable to register

Great news !

You can only have one login which you will need to share. Yes if you log in, it will log your wife out. If she logs in it will log you out etc. So at worst you just need to pop the password in again to get back in.

I guess the chances of you both needing to use it at the exact same time are next to none so it shouldn't be too much hassle.
Oh I'm not going to tell my wife that, I don't mind knowing where she is but I don't want her knowing where I am!!!

I have been using my app quite nicely then last week, it stopped working. The app was failing to scan the vehicle. Tried to log out but then when tried to log in, account not recognised. Tried to rebind but vehicle said car and phone already bound. Deleted app and reinstalled...twice. Now unable to log on or register. Been trying for days now. Any clues please? Many thanks,Bren
You are not alone I too have this issue

Can the app be installed on 2 phones? I am assuming if you use the same MG account on both phones it will work as the registration is to the servers not the phone? Anyone tried that?

The use case noth myself and my wife will want it on our phones as we will both be using hte car at various times
Yes I got on my phone and tablet

I installed it on my phone bound it to the car It only half worked So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but It wont let me When I try to get a code from MG either by email or phone it won´t send it.Any ideas ?

Assuming this is common knowledge, but why the MG app doesn’t allow multiple phones to be bound to the car resulting in two people needing to use the same login for the app and it only allowing one person to be logged in, is pretty rubbish. That, so far, is the only niggle with our new MG4 which we picked up yesterday. Other than that, it’s effin amazing.

Assuming this is common knowledge, but why the MG app doesn’t allow multiple phones to be bound to the car resulting in two people needing to use the same login for the app and it only allowing one person to be logged in, is pretty rubbish. That, so far, is the only niggle with our new MG4 which we picked up yesterday. Other than that, it’s effin amazing.
It does allowed multiple mobile phones it's just one account bound there are 3 of us that use the car with one account no problems

Last edited:
Obviously not an uncommon event. Here I am in Australia with my nice new MG ZS EV and I can not get the app and car to bind app, the app says The service is not available please try again later. Tried two differnet phones and at multiple times. Dealer has not responded to my email query, yet. Also having issues talking to the MG_Chargerhub.

These niggly little things take the shine off the purchase of a new car.

Obviously not an uncommon event. Here I am in Australia with my nice new MG ZS EV and I can not get the app and car to bind app, the app says The service is not available please try again later. Tried two differnet phones and at multiple times. Dealer has not responded to my email query, yet. Also having issues talking to the MG_Chargerhub.

These niggly little things take the shine off the purchase of a new car.
There was a Australian vid showing it was Todo with the clock and wrong timezone selected then a reboot and it works?
10m20s

Last edited:
It does allowed multiple mobile phones it's just one account bound there are 3 of us that use the car with one account no problems
I think what the OP was referring to was the fact that you can’t have more than one login (phone) simultaneously i.e. when you login on one device you are effectively logged out of the other - requiring you to log back on again.

That said, the new app supports MFA - so one would hope that eventually, this can be applied at the login phase, which at least would make the login process less of a hassle.

One more tip for those who can not Register a new account in the application. It is not mentioned anywhere, but the requirement for your Password is "8...16 alphanumerical symbols, numbers mandatory". Having this fulfilled, the "Register!" button gets unblocked after entering correct verification code.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom