MG ismart app - unable to register

Worth a try. Ill give it a try and post my findings here
I have tried this too. It appears only 1 phone can be ‘logged onto’ the car at once, but if you have bind one phone to the car and then bind another the second one will work OK, but the first phone will be kicked out. To move back to first phone just log back into the account on that phone by using email & password. Not necessary to go through setup again. MG obviously didn’t think they would ever sell cars to people with partners who could drive.

Took me a couple of days to get the app working and when I did I realised it was useless as it didn't work unless the phone was connected to the car (I don't have the trophy connect, just the trophy). So unless I'm missing something obvious I can't get the remote functionality working.

Took me a couple of days to get the app working and when I did I realised it was useless as it didn't work unless the phone was connected to the car (I don't have the trophy connect, just the trophy). So unless I'm missing something obvious I can't get the remote functionality working.
Did you bind the car? A lot of us have trophy and not trophy connect and the app seems ok. Its a bit of a hit and miss but when it works it does work well.

Does this help?

How did you manage to bind it to the car without an account?

If it's an account activation thing the keyboard on the app is rubbish and certain symbols look the same even when they aren't. Can trip you up pretty easily.

I never got the phone activation to work.

How did you manage to bind it to the car without an account?

If it's an account activation thing the keyboard on the app is rubbish and certain symbols look the same even when they aren't. Can trip you up pretty easily.

I never got the phone activation to work.
I ended up connecting the phone to the car and going through the bind process without any issues. Still no account though!

I can't make a account with phone no. But I did with email 5th time around I think there servers are rubbish and have to find a good time of day when the wind is in the right direction

@ajcooper : Mobile registration never worked for me. Email did on the 3rd day. Keep trying email. This is what I received:

Saic Email Service​

MG Vehicle, your verification code is : 3XXXXXX. It is valid for 10 minutes. Please do not share it with anyone.

@ajcooper : Mobile registration never worked for me. Email did on the 3rd day. Keep trying email. This is what I received:

Saic Email Service​

MG Vehicle, your verification code is : 3XXXXXX. It is valid for 10 minutes. Please do not share it with anyone.
Just managed to finally register 😥 overall enrolment process was terrible. Jumped between custom and standard keyboard depending on the screen. As I was already bound to the car I was immediately able to start changing and check the car status so that's a good start.

Just managed to finally register 😥 overall enrolment process was terrible. Jumped between custom and standard keyboard depending on the screen. As I was already bound to the car I was immediately able to start changing and check the car status so that's a good start.
Did you register via email or phone?

I got my car on Thursday so have now been able to try this. It works!

Only one phone can be logged in at once, but use the same account on both phones and you can switch between them. Invoking a new session terminates the other,
I have now sucessful got this operating the car on both my phone and my wifes phone, toggling between both

So it looks like the car is bound to the account, not the phone

That's the issue I have, user option not under setting to scan. It's a new 2022 model. Software upgrade needed?
so you are just trying to get the info display to give you the QR code? I beleive it is differnt in Trophy vs Conect. I have Trophy. The QR code is less visible for that model, but is there.

The interface is poor in that its not clear that some of the menu items actually scroll. There is no scroll bar. The bind option is off the bottom of the screen so you you need to scroll the items to access it. I cant remember if thats on the system or vehicle screen.

so you are just trying to get the info display to give you the QR code? I beleive it is differnt in Trophy vs Conect. I have Trophy. The QR code is less visible for that model, but is there.

The interface is poor in that its not clear that some of the menu items actually scroll. There is no scroll bar. The bind option is off the bottom of the screen so you you need to scroll the items to access it. I cant remember if thats on the system or vehicle screen.
There is TWO slightly different ways of “Binding” your car to your phone.
The SE and the standard Trophy had a different way than the Trophy 🏆 I- Connect.
This video clearly displays the method used to “Bind” using BOTH methods.
Remember to create your account before you try and “Bind” to the car.
I was able to register my account by just using the phone number section.
Received a SMS message almost straight away !.
You have to be a little bit smart entering your other details, or you will be timed out of the session.

Many thanks, will take a look. The missing scroll bars are counter intuitive

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom