MG SE, SR or LR?

JGMG0161

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi All,

I’m currently looking at purchasing an MG4.

Due to budget, I was looking at the MG4 SE standard range. However, a dealer has offered me an MG4 SE Long Range from their stock with £1,500 off, so essentially the same the price.

The long range model from stock is a ‘22’ model and without the new additions. Where as if I went with the standard range it would be a ‘23’ model delivered within 8 weeks.

Which would you recommend I go for? Any responses would be appreciated.

Best,

Jordan

If you don't need the extra range of the LR go for the SR as it will have the latest software updates and have one pedal driving if that is something you want.

That's a difficult one to answer as you can only find out which version the infotainment software is running but not any of the other modules that make up the car.
If you have a good dealer then the LR's software should be fully up-to-date so apart from OPD they will be more or less the same.

Hi All,

I’m currently looking at purchasing an MG4.

Due to budget, I was looking at the MG4 SE standard range. However, a dealer has offered me an MG4 SE Long Range from their stock with £1,500 off, so essentially the same the price.

The long range model from stock is a ‘22’ model and without the new additions. Where as if I went with the standard range it would be a ‘23’ model delivered within 8 weeks.

Which would you recommend I go for? Any responses would be appreciated.

Best,

Jordan
If the LR is the colour you are after and you want it now go for it.
If you want the rear wiper then wait but could it be longer than 8 weeks?

I recon if you shop around you maybe able to find a 22 MY Trophy for new SE SR money however used cars have a higher rate of interest if you are going to finance it.

Hold your horses there, if you are buying outright you can get much more off e.g. (£4500 off a trophy long range so £27,994

Also if you join the MG owners club for £50 you can get £2500 off with the affinity scheme.

Thanks, all. Much appreciated.

Both cars would be ‘new’ and I’d be using the 0% PCP deal.

I mention I’m using the 0% PCP deal as that excludes a lot of the other offers mentioned

Thanks, all. Picked up my discounted SE long range today.

I suspected it would of been in stock for a while, but was surprised to see the date of manufacture was 12/06/2022!

Is there anything I should look out for on a model manufactured that long ago? And can anyone else’s ‘new’ car beat that 🥴

Other things that happened to cars back then, like the oil leak, the locking-in thing and the weird loss of power/speed limiting a few people experienced all seem to have been fixed, either by fitting a new breather valve to the reduction gearbox, or with software updates. I'm sure a car only being sold now will have had these things attended to.

Thanks, Rolfe. I’ll keep an eye out for all of those. Hopefully the common faults were checked for as part of the PDI.

Intrguied if anyone else who has recently purchased an MG4 has a manufacture date that’s over a year ago.

I’d presumed the MG4 was selling well enough to shift stock that old 😬

I'd have thought so too, but there's probably some reason it was overlooked, or an order was cancelled or something. I presume it had never been registered before and you're getting it on a 73 plate?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back