MG SE, SR or LR?

I don't think there's any particular reason to be concerned. Delivery mileage and new reg, it's just been gathering dust in a corner somewhere for some reason. And you're getting a discount.

Thanks, all. Picked up my discounted SE long range today.

I suspected it would of been in stock for a while, but was surprised to see the date of manufacture was 12/06/2022!

Is there anything I should look out for on a model manufactured that long ago? And can anyone else’s ‘new’ car beat that 🥴
They use the American system on the manufacturing date so it's actual 6th December 2022.

The oil leak that was prevalent on the first cars will have been sorted, the under-tray might have a bulge, but not as bad as the first batch, and if the dealer has done his/her job all the software should be up-to-date.

If you don't need the extra range of the LR go for the SR as it will have the latest software updates and have one pedal driving if that is something you want.
Hi Ian,

My Sept 2023 SE unfortunately did not come with it, this was a fresh landing to Cyprus though as that’s where I’m based now.

Is there a way to get one pedal driving activated as it’s not showing up on the screen to engage and I do miss this feature terribly!!

They use the American system on the manufacturing date so it's actual 6th December 2022.

The oil leak that was prevalent on the first cars will have been sorted, the under-tray might have a bulge, but not as bad as the first batch, and if the dealer has done his/her job all the software should be up-to-date.
Got my Mg4 June 2023 large puddle of oil under car this morning, very disappointing

That's the oil

Attachments

• 20231009_192013.jpg
    20231009_192013.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 55
Just an update on my leak, turns out it was water from the air con, the patch of liquid was on the front of the driveway so from the front of car, all good so far.

I went SE LR as I needed the range. If I could have had it at SE SR money I would've snapped their hand off to take it!
Just read this post and although I agree the LR has the longer range, I think the selling point for the LR is more to do with a more powerful motor and a faster DC charging. So not so much the range but the speed at which you can re-charge en route

Just an update on my leak, turns out it was water from the air con, the patch of liquid was on the front of the driveway so from the front of car, all good so far.
I had a leak of water from the back of the car. Turns out it was water collected by the undertray. Defo need to get that undertray replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel