MG X Power

Steve P T

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Thanks for accepting me into your group. I bought my first EV 4 weeks ago. It’s a green Mg 4 X-Power. Over the years I’ve owned some quick cars including 5 Imprezas, but I'm still very impressed by the X-Power. I have bought an 18” space saver wheel along with jack and tools with a wheel cover, 2 screen protectors for the infotainment, a tray that stops my phone from sliding out and a Bluetooth adaptor for the CarPlay so far. 👍

Thanks for accepting me into your group. I bought my first EV 4 weeks ago. It’s a green Mg 4 X Power. Over the years I’ve owned some quick cars including 5 Impreza’s, but I,m still very impressed by the X Power. I have bought an 18” space saver wheel along with jack and tools with a wheel cover, 2 screen protectors for the infotainment, a tray that stops my phone from sliding out and a Bluetooth adaptor for the CarPlay so far. 👍
Welcome. There is a sub forum especially for X-Power owners but you are welcome to post where you want.

20230430_164900.jpg

Steve. 🙂👍

Welcome.
Ive Asked mod to move to X Power forum.👍

Yeah we want you in the Xpower sub forum with lots of pics please 👍😉😊.

There is also a thread in there for posting what you have bought for your Xpower 👍

I'd love to learn how you're getting on with apple carplay, I've never used it before and I assumed you had to be physically connected in order for it to work - but it sounds like you've found a way around this? Could you let me know if it works and send me a link to the device you purchased. Thank you./

Personally I just use a wired connection to the left USB A hub with no wireless device. I keep the USB lead connected to the car and just plug my IPhone in and leave it in the lower console area where it does'nt fly off when you floor it 🤣. It works fine and charges through the lead as well.

Hi, I bought a Bluetooth adapter from Amazon and connected it to the USB connector on the left hand side and paired it with my iPhone. It’s a good idea to use a decent cable though. Just keep my phone in my pocket now.

Attachments

• IMG_0077.png
    IMG_0077.png
    399 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0077.png
    IMG_0077.png
    399 KB · Views: 78
The only extra I have bought is mudflaps off eBay. Really cheap, so easy to fit and they really set the car off.
I did see some photos of a skirts kit. Any thoughts?

Thanks for accepting me into your group. I bought my first EV 4 weeks ago. It’s a green Mg 4 X-Power. Over the years I’ve owned some quick cars including 5 Imprezas, but I'm still very impressed by the X-Power. I have bought an 18” space saver wheel along with jack and tools with a wheel cover, 2 screen protectors for the infotainment, a tray that stops my phone from sliding out and a Bluetooth adaptor for the CarPlay so far.👍
Welcome aboard. Ive had many fast/capable new cars too including M3,s (not that fast) an R32 v6, Impreza sti pro drive & a range of motorcycles. There are lots of upgrades bits on Ali express for our cars, some small like door strap fastener protectors/boot badge/valve caps/ and some big. I too am impressed with my x power bought in December. Im currently interested in improving its handling ready for summer & am looking out for posts about better tyres/ wheel spacers/lowering springs to see “IF” its cornering manners can be improved? Other than that it is very comfy & very well equipped 😎

Yeah we want you in the Xpower sub forum with lots of pics please 👍😉😊.

There is also a thread in there for posting what you have bought for your Xpower 👍
I could fill the “what have you bought” section but it says “file too large” with my photos 😵‍💫 any tips please??

I'd love to learn how you're getting on with apple carplay, I've never used it before and I assumed you had to be physically connected in order for it to work - but it sounds like you've found a way around this? Could you let me know if it works and send me a link to the device you purchased. Thank you./
Took some fiddling about but now works flawlessly & automatically! Just get in the car & carplay starts up 😎. Once the dongle is Bluetooth paired to your phone the instruction sheet gives you a code for your browser, it takes you too settings where you can update the dongle, a clever member told me to select the “Delay startup” tab & increase it (60 secs) the dongle now works automatically! (Before I had to unplug/ plug in to get it working. Its the best £28 ive spent on my x power! No more dodgy phone cables 🥳. IF im getting out at a shop ect I pause the music on screen, lock car & when I get back in pressing play on screen carries on where I left off.

Attachments

• IMG_7014.jpeg
    IMG_7014.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 70
I’ve gone through a couple of wireless carplay adapters and both of them would crash out too often. Noticeable on long journeys. Annoying when you lose the carplay satnav at the wrong moment. Both unusable for that reason and both sent back. (Wired carplay works fine)
There seem to be two different adapters mentioned on the above posts, can you both say that they have never crashed out as I would still like to have wireless?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for accepting me into your group. I bought my first EV 4 weeks ago. It’s a green Mg 4 X-Power. Over the years I’ve owned some quick cars including 5 Imprezas, but I'm still very impressed by the X-Power. I have bought an 18” space saver wheel along with jack and tools with a wheel cover, 2 screen protectors for the infotainment, a tray that stops my phone from sliding out and a Bluetooth adaptor for the CarPlay so far.👍
Where didn't you get yours spare tyre kit from Have you tried it out yet

Hi, I bought it off Ebay. It’s new and comes with new jack and wheel brace. I also bought a wheel cover from there . The wheel just fits with no room for it to move about. I haven’t tried it yet. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_0083.png
    IMG_0083.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 67
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom