MG X Power

Thanks for accepting me into your group. I bought my first EV 4 weeks ago. It’s a green Mg 4 X-Power. Over the years I’ve owned some quick cars including 5 Imprezas, but I'm still very impressed by the X-Power. I have bought an 18” space saver wheel along with jack and tools with a wheel cover, 2 screen protectors for the infotainment, a tray that stops my phone from sliding out and a Bluetooth adaptor for the CarPlay so far.👍
It’s a good car. I bought some locking wheel bolts for mine (£17), some mud flaps not fitted yet and found a strip of double sided black foam on the edge of the wireless charger stops the iphone flying off.

I could fill the “what have you bought” section but it says “file too large” with my photos 😵‍💫 any tips please??
Take pics, with your phone, then screen shoot them, that shrinks them. Then post your pics. 👍

I’ve gone through a couple of wireless carplay adapters and both of them would crash out too often. Noticeable on long journeys. Annoying when you loose the carplay satnav at the wrong moment. Both unusable for that reason and both sent back. (Wired carplay works fine)
There seem to be two different adapters mentioned on the above posts, can you both say that they have never crashed out as I would still like to have wireless?
Prior to the “delay start” setting mine crashed. And I had to unplug it & plug back in. I purchased a usb extension with a switch (as advised by helpful member) which arrived today, however since putting the “delay start” to 60 seconds the wireless dongle works flawlessly & hasnt dropped off once.

Take pics, with your phone, then screen shoot them, that shrinks them. Then post your pics. 👍
Thankyou

It's the bigger brakes I would be concerned about
Agreed .... thers's not much space at all between the standard 18" wheel inner rims and front brake caliper. My smallest wheel brush won't even fit in the gap.
Gap.jpg

Hi everyone. I decided to take the spacesaver back for them to check, as I measured the et at 25.5 which seemed wrong to me. I contacted them and they were very helpful and told me to bring it to them. It was a 50 mile trip down to Manchester though. At first they told me it should fit but they would try it for me anyway. Surprised, they found it wouldn’t go over the caliper even with the cover off. They found a VW rim which would fit with the cover off and fitted my tyre to it. I must recommend this company, couldn’t fault them anywhere. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were all very friendly. Their eBay name is “The Wheel Shop”. The rim they fitted had zero et. I’ve added a couple of photo’s. Hope this helps.👍.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0084.jpeg
    IMG_0084.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 50
Good of them to sort it out for you 👍. So do I take it you would need to remove the caliper cover before fitting the space saver wheel ? If so don’t forget to include a suitable alum key in the boot for removal 👍.

Went to look at this today. 🙂
20240225_151701.jpg
20240225_151739.jpg

20240225_151618.jpg

Had a good 20 mins looking round it. It obviously says New Car, but found 2 stone (I'm presuming) chips, and the perspex panel at the back was really quite badly scratched. Had a look at other New MG4s, and everyone had condensation inside the Perspex panel, I know it's a known issue, but just saying. Certainly doesn't put me off, but won't be getting this particular one. 🙄🙂

Went to look at this today. 🙂
View attachment 24307View attachment 24308
View attachment 24309
Had a good 20 mins looking round it. It obviously says New Car, but found 2 stone (I'm presuming) chips, and the perspex panel at the back was really quite badly scratched. Had a look at other New MG4s, and everyone had condensation inside the Perspex panel, I know it's a known issue, but just saying. Certainly doesn't put me off, but won't be getting this particular one. 🙄🙂

Looks tasty in the Volcano m8.
As you know, those scratches will buff out.
Just piss poor care.
Good saving on list though.

What is your jumping in point?

New but cheaper? used but really cheap?

Have you test driven one? I can't remember 😵‍💫

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom