MG X Power

Looks tasty in the Volcano m8.
As you know, those scratches will buff out.
Just piss poor care.
Good saving on list though.

What is your jumping in point?

New but cheaper? used but really cheap?

Have you test driven one? I can't remember 😵‍💫
Fancy a Brand new one, 24 reg. At the very least Affinity scheme price. Currently at £33,066. But that should be changing at the end of February (changes every 3 months) so might be cheaper still 🤞or dearer of course, we'll see. Yep, have driven one, WOW! nuff said. 🙂👍

When you see what some of the garage valetors do its no suprise!
Yep agree, probably arrives at the dealer, presumably the perspex panel is perfect.
Then let, Johnny the apprentice loose on it, hey presto! Torvill & Dean's been on it. And that goes for the paintwork too. :oops: :rolleyes:

These where actually quite bad, not sure if they would polish out. One small part looked like wiped with a scouring pad. :oops:
When I picked mine up in December Perrys sales manager told me “MG are aware of the plastic rear panels scratching & are planning a recall to replace them probably with glass”. Luckily mine were fine so I supergarded em pronto 🤨
These where actually quite bad, not sure if they would polish out. One small part looked like wiped with a scouring pad. :oops:
surprising what a pea of G3 will shift with a cloth.
Doubt it would need a buffer tbh. Rub em out & put some protection on em 👍.

Went to look at this today. 🙂
View attachment 24307View attachment 24308
View attachment 24309
Had a good 20 mins looking round it. It obviously says New Car, but found 2 stone (I'm presuming) chips, and the perspex panel at the back was really quite badly scratched. Had a look at other New MG4s, and everyone had condensation inside the Perspex panel, I know it's a known issue, but just saying. Certainly doesn't put me off, but won't be getting this particular one. 🙄🙂
In your shoes I would hang on for the inevitable “face lift version “ which will have ironed out all the short falls. IF I had a spare £60,000 I would get the Hyundai N5 tbh (just sayin).

In your shoes I would hang on for the inevitable “face lift version “ which will have ironed out all the short falls. IF I had a spare £60,000 I would get the Hyundai N5 tbh (just sayin).
Only the interior is being changed. I'm ordering one for later this year.

Soon as ones totalled Im having the seats 😇
Well, no idea what the changes will be yet. I hope the central screen is bigger and better graphics/speed and the hard plastics are upgraded, light in the back. Electric passenger seat would also be good plus armrest in the back.

I think the upgrades will be to keep up/ahead of similar class competition.

Well, no idea what the changes will be yet. I hope the central screen is bigger and better graphics/speed and the hard plastics are upgraded, light in the back. Electric passenger seat would also be good plus armrest in the back.

No, 700 bhp upgrade for the X Power, then. ☹

No, 700 bhp upgrade for the X Power, then. ☹
I'm happy with the power, just wish the limiter could be removed, ahem.

That Ioniq jobby has a lot more power but only faster to 60 by about .4 of a second I think.

I'd take it on no problem (on board electrons in sufficient quantity obvs)

My guess would be an M7 inspired interior. However as you say “lets wait & see” what the cufflinks unveil next time

That Ioniq jobby has a lot more power but only faster to 60 by about .4 of a second I think.

salty I didn't know we had a limiter on our cars? Probably to prevent the battery over heating to be fair. Still I wonder what it’s really capable of 🤔😇

Last edited by a moderator:
TBF, I've been gentle with mine and I still have a fair amount of superficial scratches on the plexiglass as well (also on the panel behind the rear windows). It just seems hyper fragile.

Having said that, I wouldn't accept it on a new car either.

Haven't seen any condensation inside the assembly yet, but she sleeps in the garage 90% of the time while not out being enjoyed.

I would think at least 150mph, which I know is Academic, but would still be nice.
😈🙂👍
Agreed. Im always scouring YouTube for anyone who has improved the handling/cornering i:e better tyres, offset adjustments, suspension ect or put drilled & grooved discs on one but currently there is nothing. Its quick enough in a straight line but I want it to corner & attack B roads better. Maybe Im deluded however I want to tweak mine for fun driving (where safe to do so) the obvious lack of gears may mean im being unrealistic though.

I would Love the Hyundai 5N for its paddle shift simulated gears & the sound track with cracks & pops. The interior & build quality are also superior although to be fare to the Zx power the 5N is Twice the price.
Agreed. Im always scouring YouTube for anyone who has improved the handling/cornering i:e better tyres, offset adjustments, suspension ect or put drilled & grooved discs on one but currently there is nothing. Its quick enough in a straight line but I want it to corner & attack B roads better. Maybe Im deluded however I want to tweak mine for fun driving (where safe to do so) the obvious lack of gears may mean im being unrealistic

TBF, I've been gentle with mine and I still have a fair amount of superficial scratches on the plexiglass as well (also on the panel behind the rear windows). It just seems hyper fragile.

Having said that, I wouldn't accept it on a new car either.

Haven't seen any condensation inside the assembly yet, but she sleeps in the garage 90% of the time while not out being enjoyed.
salty take it back to the dealer & ask for replacement under warranty. State that your plexi windows are “unfit for purpose “, its not good enough at £36,000 & I am confident they will replace them both. MG are aware the material used was a mistake.

Last edited:
Agreed. Im always scouring YouTube for anyone who has improved the handling/cornering i:e better tyres, offset adjustments, suspension ect or put drilled & grooved discs on one but currently there is nothing. Its quick enough in a straight line but I want it to corner & attack B roads better. Maybe Im deluded however I want to tweak mine for fun driving (where safe to do so) the obvious lack of gears may mean im being unrealistic though.
I'm sure decent UHP tyres would help .... Bricktop may confirm ??

I would Love the Hyundai 5N for its paddle shift simulated gears & the sound track with cracks & pops. The interior & build quality are also superior although to be fare to the Zx power the 5N is Twice the price.
I see Chris Hariis drove one (Youtube video) and liked it 👍😁. There again he did put it in Rear Wheel drive mode and was drifting round a track !!

If they don't pass the finger nail test (feeling the scratch) then they will be difficult to remove. If they just look "spiderwebby" and dull a good machine polish with a few compounds (strong cut then medium) should get them back to perfect 👍😁

If they don't pass the finger nail test (feeling the scratch) then they will be difficult to remove. If they just look "spiderwebby" and dull a good machine polish with a few compounds (dtriong then medium) should get them back to perfect 👍😁
Yep, did the test, a couple of the scratches you could easily feel with your finger nail. Also don't forget the 2 stone chips I found on a supposedly New Car.
🙄🙁

Biggest upgrade for me 6 months in would be a better seat.

Comfortable enough but lacking the ability to hold you properly when pushing on.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom