• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Mg zs ev audio

Kotte

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I’m looking to upgrade the speakers in my Mg zs ev, can anyone give suggestions, is it done the same way as the ice cars or is it different??

Hello

Yes it can be done. I upgraded all 6 speakers to focal and a under seat sub also the focal brand. I usually do this myself but in this instance I had a independent do it for me as I had the car sound deadened at the same time. If you are just replacing the speakers it should just be door cards off and a straight forward speaker replacement with adaptors.

Can you send me details how to do it it would be a great help and what model would fit

I think the standard sound is a bit mediocre, I'm not a connoisseur so don't want to run to a sub, but I've had previous cars with just 6 speakers that sound spectacular compared to the ZS EV.

Is it worth just changing out the standard main speakers? Will it improve things much by doing this alone do we think?

I think the standard sound is a bit mediocre, I'm not a connoisseur so don't want to run to a sub, but I've had previous cars with just 6 speakers that sound spectacular compared to the ZS EV.

Is it worth just changing out the standard main speakers? Will it improve things much by doing this alone do we think?
The first thing I did when I test drove the car was check out the sound system and its definitely one of the poorest sound systems i've heard so I always new I would upgrade it.
If you just upgrade the speakers it will definitely sound alot better just make sure you spend a fair amount on decent speakers and add some sound deadening as there is none in the doors.

The first thing I did when I test drove the car was check out the sound system and its definitely one of the poorest sound systems i've heard so I always new I would upgrade it.
If you just upgrade the speakers it will definitely sound alot better just make sure you spend a fair amount on decent speakers and add some sound deadening as there is none in the doors.

Do you happen to have the Focal name/part numbers of the speakers you swapped out please? I've had a look at the website but wouldn't know where to start!

These are the old speakers just so you get an idea of what they look like. Use this link on how to remove door card.
PREVIEW
2:00
MG ZS front door panel removal
YouTube · jeff tan ACA Tan
20 Nov 2019
I'm looking for the speaker box so I can tell you the model that was used. I did turn the sub off and played with the equalizer and you can turn it up with no distortion and a decent amount of bass. I still prefer having a sub though but that's just me.

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_172146.jpg
    IMG_20200630_172146.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,661
I find the changing of the radio station very unnecessarily complicated. I just want to the arrow on the steering wheel to move between my favourites that I spent some time programming in. Instead a get some 'random' station that I do not want to listen to. I know that I can go into the radio menu and find it, but it is not what I want to be doing when I am trying to keep my eyes on the road. Any suggestions folks?

Very helpful, thank you :)
I can't find the box for the speakers but I can measure the old ones if you want. I also noticed you are in Lincolnshire the guy who fitted this for me is in Peterborough MC-InCar on London road you could give him a call as he would know exactly what speakers and adaptors you would require.

I can't find the box for the speakers but I can measure the old ones if you want. I also noticed you are in Lincolnshire the guy who fitted this for me is in Peterborough MC-InCar on London road you could give him a call as he would know exactly what speakers and adaptors you would require.
hi thanks for your help, will the company fitted amplifier handle the upgraded speakers and subwoofer??

hi thanks for your help, will the company fitted amplifier handle the upgraded speakers and subwoofer??
Yes that unit handles everything fine. There are no problems with any extra power being drawn from the car either.

I am very interested which type of Focal or other respected brand) or what exact size would work?) will be good replacement for the current (Luxury / Exclusive version) speakers. Do I need to replace all, or would replacing the two main front-door speakers by already a good plan?

Has anyone found a solution for the USB stick issue that al FLAC music files in a folder seem to have a not playing duplicate? ( I am pretty happy that its working for FAT32 and ExFAT configured sticks).

Hello

Yes it can be done. I upgraded all 6 speakers to focal and a under seat sub also the focal brand. I usually do this myself but in this instance I had a independent do it for me as I had the car sound deadened at the same time. If you are just replacing the speakers it should just be door cards off and a straight forward speaker replacement with adaptors.
Hello Allen,

I'm a newbie here and have started to upgrade my audio in a similar configuration to yours. Not quite to the brand level of yours but half way. Just with regards to the head unit sound settings, have you found eq setting that suits most music or sources? I would be interested to know what you have set for the eq and the sound stage settings? Any advice on that would be appreciated as I'm not quite happy with the results so far.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Neil

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom