Mg zs ev broken down HELP

charlie2512

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi everyone I'm new to this and nee to ev .I've only had my new mg zs ev for a week now and I've had some issues with charging but I think that's just me .
The problems I've got after charging to the max for the first five I had driven for about 3 miles and stopped at traffic lights when I went to pull away I got no response from the throttle so I turned the car off and on again thats when the problems started I got a lot of faults on the dash listed bellow
Vehicle controll system fault
Hi battery shut off
Hill hold unavailable
Auto hold fault
Hill decent controll fault
Stability controll fault
Traction controll fault
I couldn't turn the car off the lights wouldn't turn off it was at night freezing cold rac took 4 hours to recover the car still not got it back anyone got any advice
Any help will be greatfull

I don't yet have the EV yet, it's on order but on my Jag, if the 12v battery is in any way suspect, it will throw up all sorts of error messages. Maybe time to check the 12v battery. I could be barking up the wrong tree, particularly as your car is new but it won't be the first time a 'new' battery had failed.

Hi everyone I'm new to this and nee to ev .I've only had my new mg zs ev for a week now and I've had some issues with charging but I think that's just me .
The problems I've got after charging to the max for the first five I had driven for about 3 miles and stopped at traffic lights when I went to pull away I got no response from the throttle so I turned the car off and on again thats when the problems started I got a lot of faults on the dash listed bellow
Hi battery shut off
Hill hold unavailable
Auto hold fault
Stability controll fault
Traction controll fault
I couldn't turn the car off the lights wouldn't turn off it was at night freezing cold rac took 4 hours to recover the car still not got it back anyone got any advice
As an MG dealer, having read your post - you need to take this to the dealership who sold you the vehicle. Your car needs to be diagnosed as this is not normal. best of luck. Hope you get sorted quickly.

There's no way that anyone here can remotely diagnose your vehicle but it is worth remembering that failures like this can sometimes be resolved with a system reboot. This involves physically disconnecting the 12V battery and reconnecting it again. You'll need to keep a 10mm spanner in the car for this purpose. It may not be a permanent resolution but it might just get you home.

Hi battery shut off
Hill hold unavailable
Auto hold fault
Stability controll fault
Traction controll fault
I had a complete system shut down in the first week that took MG UK 2 weeks to resolve, although this was an MG5. The end decision was that the HV battery had never been balanced
The car has not put a foot wrong in the last 10 months since

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom