MG ZS EV Burning smell

As above, try starting with temperature at minimum to confirm.

Does it smell like you have turned on an electric fire, that has dust on the element, that disappears shortly after ?.
Yes !.
It's your cabin heater, works almost the same way (y).

Last edited:
Smell of burning shortly after starting the car?
any info please
I'm getting it more lately.

Other half was concerned enough to ask for the car to be stopped and check for smoke/fire.

It was pretty intense.

eVEerYtHing iS FinE....

the garage put in some sort of deodorant!
really horrible.
several weeks later the burning smell is back ,lasts about 5 minutes after
starting

They can put in what they call a A/C bomb that is set off inside of the intake of the HVAC system, it is pulled though the vents etc to clear out any musty smells from the A/C system.
Customer complaint is usually “Strange musty smell while using the A/C” of course.
The burning 🔥 scorching smell can be sometimes smelt, when the cabin heater has not been used for a while.
When heat is demanded, after a couple of minutes you get this strange burning smell that quickly disappears after a couple of minutes of use.
This will diminish slowly as the heater receives more use.
It was the same on the Gen1 version we had, but after a good while, it stopped producing this strange burning smell.

Yeah the additives are usually for bacteria build up.

Resistive heater dust is a good shout, but ours for instance gets used daily and ours just randomly started doing it.

I’ve just had the same smell of burning plastic and light smoke coming through the air vents. Should this be happening? Thanks

Visible smoke would be unusual.
Does it clear after a few seconds or is it continuous?

Visible smoke would be unusual.
Does it clear after a few seconds or is it continuous?
I turned the heater off and the smoke stopped. I haven’t tried it since. It’s just charging now, I will try and take it for a spin later and see what happen.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom