MG ZS EV delivery lead time

Sinkinsd

Standard Member
Reaction score
We have ordered an MG ZS EV and we're wondering what the lead times are. We haven't been given an estimated delivery date yet. Just wondered what the average wait is. We're in the UK and have ordered the exclusive in pimlico blue.

It was looking like there was quite a lot of stock in the U.K. when lockdown eased. A number of pre-reg and dealer stock cars on offer. If dealers have sold out of the stock they had for March then that’s good. Let us know when you find out.

Oh and congratulations, even if you did order the wrong colour ?.

Hi, I can’t comment on average waiting time because I am a sample size of one.

I ordered my Zs Ev on 14/7/20 and I have an expected delivery date of 25/9/20.

Dealerships in the UK are mostly franchise held, some have a range of car makes held in different parts of the country.They way I buy cars is to firmly decided the exact make /model / specification and I ring the dealers in the areas myself and ask if they have the stock. Larger Dealerships will transfer stock internally free or at a cost. There is stock of the Zs EV available as I did the sourcing myself only a month ago .Obviously the dealership is not going to advise the above as they want the order!! . The delivery time depends on colour to what is being shipped in , this is held centrally by MG in the UK .Hope this helps.

If it helps I placed an order for the Exclusive in black on the 14th July, I was told the boat delivering the cars from China will be in the UK around the 20th of September.

Colour is the issue, I believe most of the pre reg stock may be white as that is the base cheap colour.
It may be good to try Chorley Group. I think the are the biggest and best sellers of the ZS EV and their customers service and EV knowledge is one of the best.

Colour is the issue, I believe most of the pre reg stock may be white as that is the base cheap colour.
It may be good to try Chorley Group. I think the are the biggest and best sellers of the ZS EV and their customers service and EV knowledge is one of the best.

I ordered a red exclusive from Chorley and it was in their storage facility, I’m just holding on till September to get a 70 plate, could have had it this month.

I live in Greater Manchester and I rang around and within 30 miles ,this is what I sourced 3 red , 2 black, 1white and 1 Pimlico blue ALL new not preRegistered.Could get it delivered within 7-10 days.One dealership even showed them to me in their compound 3 different colours they had.

I ordered mine in July 19 and was told September or October 2019......I finally got it in January this year!

Your wait will be a lot less than that!

If it helps I placed an order for the Exclusive in black on the 14th July, I was told the boat delivering the cars from China will be in the UK around the 20th of September.
If you want one urgently please send me your details.I may be able to help as I know who is holding stock .I picked mine last week and new car and Pod Point all done in 7 days by a local dealer.

I ordered mine in July 19 and was told September or October 2019......I finally got it in January this year!

Your wait will be a lot less than that!
I was told three months waiting list myself .As I have sourced cars for years the method I use so far has worked well and also different dealers have incentives which only if you ask will they offer to give them to you.

My wife and I bought ours from Chorley Group in Jan 2020. It is a black Pre Reg from Dec 2019. We walked into the shop and walked away with the car bought and was delivered to our door in 48 hours.

Ordered my Dynamic Red Exclusive on Monday 6th July 2020, picked it up on Saturday 11th July 2020.
Was in stock, not pre-reg as I had a choice of registration numbers.

My wife and I bought ours from Chorley Group in Jan 2020. It is a black Pre Reg from Dec 2019. We walked into the shop and walked away with the car bought and was delivered to our door in 48 hours.
Do I understand it was a pre- reg so you are second owner??.As it is already registered it is much easier and quicker to get the vehicle transferred.

It was a hard choice picking the colour lol. I like red bit our current car is red and my husband liked the blue. Is yours red?

I was offered a 20 plate when I ordered mine so my dealer had some in stock. But since we were so close to September I decided to order and wait. I wanted a green 70 plate.

Your dates almost match up perfectly to mine Cirprocon.

The dealer at Longbridge, Birmingham had quite a few in stock, unregistered (as of 2 weeks ago). I ordered on a Monday and picked up 3 days later. The had all the colours.

I love the red but other half is a Man City Fan so you can Guess it was Pimlico Blue as it matches the football Team colours.I am quite happy driving my 20 year old Toyota which is so reliable and passes it MOT every time !

The dealer at Longbridge, Birmingham had quite a few in stock, unregistered (as of 2 weeks ago). I ordered on a Monday and picked up 3 days later. The had all the colours.
Plenty of dealers in North West have stock and also I got a lot of incentives thrown in free
it was a bargain.Most impressed with Pod Point as car and charger turnaround within a week.

Do I understand it was a pre- reg so you are second owner??.As it is already registered it is much easier and quicker to get the vehicle transferred.
I am the 1st owner. It was pre Reg by Chorley Group could process sale quickly

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom