MG ZS EV delivery lead time

I am the 1st owner. It was pre Reg by Chorley Group could process sale quickly
As far as I am aware pre Reg means it has already been registered into dealership name so some VAT element is lost and can offer the car to you cheaper as a buyer.

Pre registration means the dealer has already registered the car to make sale targets.

You will be the second owner which will have a negative effect on resale value and God help you if you write it off in first year. Definitely need gap insurance in this case.

As far as I am aware pre Reg means it has already been registered into dealership name so some VAT element is lost and can offer the car to you cheaper as a buyer.
It will also show you as the the second owner on the Registration Document (even if it only had delivery mileage on it )

Pre registration means the dealer has already registered the car to make sale targets.

You will be the second owner which will have a negative effect on resale value and God help you if you write it off in first year. Definitely need gap insurance in this case.

As for resale, maybe in a few cases, but for most people, they really won't care, especially knowing it's not really 2 owners, just a dealer pre. reg for a short period and the proper owner, as the V5 dates will show this to be the case. Especially as in most cases the sale will be at the end of year 2 or 3.

In any case the huge multi thousand discount you get for a well sourced pre reg. would more than offset any reduction in resale in the unlikely event it had much of an impact.!

Lastly, don't need help from any Deity (of your choice) thanks! ;)

Last edited:

Thanks for confirming my knowledge and understanding.I am female and As I grown - up around cars and people buying /selling Cars. In most case unfortunately stereotypically women are not known to have this knowledge in this area but I do all deals for cars in our household!!!

"If a new car is written off in its first year on the road, most insurance policies will replace it with another brand-new car. You have to be the first registered keeper of the car for this to happen, though, and this won’t be the case if you buy pre-registered."

"If a new car is written off in its first year on the road, most insurance policies will replace it with another brand-new car. You have to be the first registered keeper of the car for this to happen, though, and this won’t be the case if you buy pre-registered."

That is simply not true for all insurers, maybe some. I specifically got this clarified before I bought mine.

That said, I'm not even sure I care, so what if they don't? It's not like you paid close to new car retail if you got a good deal on a pre. registered. Also, by law the insurer has to fund a like for like car as good as, and no older than the one you had before, so what's the issue?

I realise I may have a different view as I drive cars I can afford and paid cash for, I suppose those driving cars they can't really afford on PCP are terrified of any possible shortfall in the event of an accident. :unsure:

And, for anyone who wants to jump on me for that last statement... I know people can afford the PCP payments from regular income, great, but that means you can afford to fund the depreciation of a car over a period of time, you still can't afford the car... (unless you actually can of course lol! ;) )

Last edited:

Well researched and I can confirm that the numbers of owners is taken into account on resale of a car.

Well researched and I can confirm that the numbers of owners is taken into account on resale of a car.

By some, yes, and this matters more or less dependent on all other factors too, such as age, mileage, condition, etc...

In all cases, because of the depreciation model of our market place, a larger upfront discount is of far more relevence than a (possibly) lower future resale value of said car. You'll still be far better off as a second named owner having saved thousands up front come sale time.

That is simply not true for all insurers, maybe some. I specifically got this clarified before I bought mine.

That said, I'm not even sure I care, so what if they don't? It's not like you paid close to new car retail if you got a good deal on a pre. registered. Also, by law the insurer has to fund a like for like car as good as, and no older than the one you had before, so what's the issue?

I realise I may have a different view as I drive cars I can afford and paid cash for, I suppose those driving cars they can't really afford on PCP are terrified of any possible shortfall in the event of an accident. :unsure:

And, for anyone who wants to jump on me for that last statement... I know people can afford the PCP payments from regular income, great, but that means you can afford to fund the depreciation of a car over a period of time, you still can't afford the car... (unless you actually can of course lol! ;) )
Everyone has a reason for the choice they make in purchasing a car but if you own a business you get BIK . This year the best incentive was for EV cars in the budget. Why would you pay cash as Certain costs like Vat can be written off by your accounts. So I will not pay any money if this was my choice to buy the car As leasing/ PCP costs are also tax deductible.

Thanks Guys and Lady,
I get it with this pre reg stuff. I think I even was made aware of the possible glitches by the sales person but do not recall making a conscious note of the second owner issue. At the time as the discount seemed good enough I went for it after bargaining a bit and in retrospect it was a good decision. My pre reg had only about 10miles on it when I first saw it. Not sure who had used it but the dealership team then drove it 36 miles to my house free of charge. They got here with only 50miles dead on it. To me it was like completely brand new. I do not feel I am a second owner but I get the concern surrounding resale.
I guess I have eaten my cake at time of sale so I cannot have it on resale.

Last edited:
Everyone has a reason for the choice they make in purchasing a car but if you own a business you get BIK . This year the best incentive was for EV cars in the budget. Why would you pay cash as Certain costs like Vat can be written off by your accounts. So I will not pay any money if this was my choice to buy the car As leasing/ PCP costs are also tax deductible.

You're quite right, there are compelling reasons for business EV financing. I was thinking along the lines of personal purchases.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys and Lady,
I get it with this pre reg stuff. I think I even was made aware of the possible glitches by the sales person but do not recall making a conscious note of the second owner issue. At the time as the discount seemed good enough I went for it after bargaining a bit and in retrospect it was a good decision. My pre reg had only about 10miles on it when I first saw it. Not sure who had used it but the dealership team then drove it 36 miles to my house free of charge. They got here with only 50miles dead on it. To me it was like completely brand new. I do not feel I am a second owner but I get the concern surrounding resale.
It was the best deal when you looked, things change everyday. Enjoy your car, life is tough for everyone at the moment and as long you are able to maintain/ pay for it have fun.

Thanks Guys and Lady,

Don't worry, you can have cake on selling too, there really won't be that much difference come time of selling and the difference is on the depreciated value, so you always win. :)

Last edited:
I ordered my Zs Ev on 14/7/20 and I have an expected delivery date of 25/9/20.

Update, I’m happy to report my car is now in the country and I’m picking ‘Eevee’ up next Friday 4th September.

359A83B7-F477-4786-AF5E-29696FD35B11.jpeg

Good for you.....you'll love it!?......I saw one whilst I was in Norfolk...parked up in Ferry Marina, same Red colour as mine....just a few hundred yards away.

You will probably want to leave it with them for a few days, so that they can do the updates!;)

You will probably want to leave it with them for a few days, so that they can do the updates!;)
Yes well advised Chrispydoc. Please make sure all updates are done and are the latest before you sign on collection. I am having to wait for fixations on mine and have been quoted 4 weeks due to new reg release.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom