MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you cancelled?

Hi Kithmo,
I'm still waiting for the princely sum of £99 deposited at Budgens Shrewsbury in December. For reasons which are not clear, I lost £1,000 when the Government in their wisdom cut the grant overnight, and Budgens also increased my monthly agreed payment by a substantial amount so I cancelled my order.
Having given them all my credit card details I was assured they had sent a refund early February. To date nothing has appeared on my card statement to that effect. I am consequently waiting with child like optimism!

Hi Kithmo,
I'm still waiting for the princely sum of £99 deposited at Budgens Shrewsbury in December. For reasons which are not clear, I lost £1,000 when the Government in their wisdom cut the grant overnight, and Budgens also increased my monthly agreed payment by a substantial amount so I cancelled my order.
Having given them all my credit card details I was assured they had sent a refund early February. To date nothing has appeared on my card statement to that effect. I am consequently waiting with child like optimism!
Take it up with your credit card company. No way would I patronise Budgens, Telford or Shrewsbury.

Originally ordered in Nov 21. Given delays I changed the order to a 5 Ev and then back to a ZS that was due in stock. Ended up with a Zoe ZE50 GT Line. I think I could of coped with the wait but communication and annoyance with the whole allocation randomness along with a Very good deal on the Zoe meant I cancelled. Still waiting for my deposit back butbi only cancelled on Friday. Hope to look at the MG4 LR in a couple of years.

A0751483-418B-47E6-BDB2-14FF2344E564.jpeg

Never thought of that, cheers. Have had a form to fill in and send to my card company, which really seemed geared towards a non delivery of goods rather than a refund dispute, however I did attach a covering letter explaining in more detail so am awaiting a response. It can take several weeks in any case so here's hoping!

Deposits mean different things, to different people, dependant upon the dealer.

Tesla, charge an 'Order admin fee', that is non-refundable. However, numerous Tesla 'admin fees' have been refunded to people who argued hard enough.

A car deposit is generally non-refundable, unless paid remotely (off-premise), then you have 14 days in which to cancel.
However, if the entire vehicle sale is concluded remotely, you get 14 days after you have taken delivery, during which time you can cancel for any reason and receive a full refund including the deposit (less agreed mileage charges etc). Who knows then, what the law is regarding the period between 14 days and delivery...

Chorley Group openly advertised their deposit as being fully refundable.

When I asked my own dealer if the deposit would be refundable, rather than say yes or no, he said "I can't see why any dealer would want to hold on to a deposit"

Might have to put that to the test...

When I asked my Kia dealer about returning a deposit, he said its near impossible to hold on to it and he has always given it back.

I was assured from the outset back in December, the deposit would be fully refundable should I change my mind, however as it was a verbal offer, rather than a paper contract, I could be on shaky ground legally ! I would hope Budgens would keep to their word.

Hi, no movement at the present, but these things can take several weeks I believe. If I do meet with success you can be assured that I will be shouting it from the rooftops!

I ordered my Trophy LR from Richmond Portsmouth and have had regular updates advising me of delays etc and then last Saturday I got a call saying it would be ready for the 21st March, 11 weeks between ordering and delivery. No complaints here.
Hi Kayged.
Based on that you ordered the end of December?
I placed an order the beginning of November from Richmond's and still no news!
What colour did you order?

Hi Kayged.
Based on that you ordered the end of December?
I placed an order the beginning of November from Richmond's and still no news!
What colour did you order?
Aha apologies, I see your wife's is white - mine is blue which appears to have added in excess of 8 weeks to the delivery - and still counting

Aha apologies, I see your wife's is white - mine is blue which appears to have added in excess of 8 weeks to the delivery - and still counting
When we collect my wife's white one I will ask about the blue for you. My wife is a Liverpool fan but she said that the blue one looked a lot nicer but she didn't want it because it was too close to Evertons colour or we would probably still be waiting. Ordered 3rd of Jan.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom