MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you cancelled?

That's how it should be !.
Agreed.

Now then, @Lovemyev, I understand that you have taken delivery of yours. Congrats 😀.

Might I be so bold therefore, as to ask “have you tried MG Pilot yet, specifically with regards to keeping centred within the lane markings?”

I’m still trying to find out if the car is capable of more than just ping-pong between the lines!

Agreed.

Now then, @Lovemyev, I understand that you have taken delivery of yours. Congrats 😀.

Might I be so bold therefore, as to ask “have you tried MG Pilot yet, specifically with regards to keeping centred within the lane markings?”

I’m still trying to find out if the car is capable of more than just ping-pong between the lines!
Hi @Cosmic Resident .
Yes - You are correct, we collected it yesterday !.
It's on the drive, but I am still in shock that it arrived at the very same time that was predicted by the dealer !.
Early in the ordering process, I told them that an ideal date was anytime after the 16th March.
The lads at Chorley called me on the 11th March to say my car had arrived !.
Now MG Pilot - I am sorry to tell you, that you have asked the wrong person on that subject !.
Our previous ZS EV Exclusive was just over two years old and covered nearly 20,000 miles when we exchanged it.
In that time, I never used the system !.
When driving the face lift model home yesterday, the lane keep assist kept trying to correct the steering when passing over lines in the road, that had been marked, but then removed for road working.
I don't like having the car system telling me how to steer my car.
Turned it OFF today !.

When driving the face lift model home yesterday, the lane keep assist kept trying to correct the steering when passing over lines in the road, that had been marked, but then removed for road working.
Turned it OFF today !.

This illustrates the problem I am having in trying to find out how well the system performs, or even if it does it at all.
Most people dislike Lane Keeping in the guise I believe you are referring to, which simply takes corrective action if it thinks you are about to stray outside of the lane.

However, that is a different function to what one might describe as ‘Autosteer’, which works in conjunction with Adaptive Cruise Control and is where the steering is actively adjusting continuously in order to keep the car centred within the lane.

I too do not care for ‘Lane Keeping’, but I do make full use of my current EV’s ‘Autosteer’ function.

But I appreciate your input. 👍🏻

Hi @Cosmic Resident .
Yes - You are correct, we collected it yesterday !.
It's on the drive, but I am still in shock that it arrived at the very same time that was predicted by the dealer !.
Early in the ordering process, I told them that an ideal date was anytime after the 16th March.
The lads at Chorley called me on the 11th March to say my car had arrived !.
Now MG Pilot - I am sorry to tell you, that you have asked the wrong person on that subject !.
Our previous ZS EV Exclusive was just over two years old and covered nearly 20,000 miles when we exchanged it.
In that time, I never used the system !.
Turned it OFF today !.
Do you mind me to ask the trade in price for mk1 zs after 20000miles? I have the trophy connect for 2 months now and plan to trade in after two years. thanks.

Do you mind me to ask the trade in price for mk1 zs after 20000miles? I have the trophy connect for 2 months now and plan to trade in after two years. thanks.
That is a difficult question to answer really ????.
We are trying to compare similar model cars, but have a different screen price starting point for a start.
A Trophy model is costing a lot more than the original ZS EV Exclusive model did at launch.

That is a difficult question to answer really ????.
We are trying to compare similar model cars, but have a different screen price starting point for a start.
A Trophy model is costing a lot more than the original ZS EV Exclusive model did at launch.
Also, at the moment used cars are in demand and holding their price.

This illustrates the problem I am having in trying to find out how well the system performs, or even if it does it at all.
Most people dislike Lane Keeping in the guise I believe you are referring to, which simply takes corrective action if it thinks you are about to stray outside of the lane.

However, that is a different function to what one might describe as ‘Autosteer’, which works in conjunction with Adaptive Cruise Control and is where the steering is actively adjusting continuously in order to keep the car centred within the lane.

I too do not care for ‘Lane Keeping’, but I do make full use of my current EV’s ‘Autosteer’ function.

But I appreciate your input. 👍🏻

This relates to the mk1.

Go to Autotrader, go to the value my vehicle then type in your reg number.

I believe dealers will use this to get an approximate trade in price. But obviously you should negotiate.

You could also try WBAC too.

Go to Autotrader, go to the value my vehicle then type in your reg number.

I believe dealers will use this to get an approximate trade in price. But obviously you should negotiate.

You could also try WBAC too.
i sold my car with motorway for £11399, i paid £12400 in july 2019 for it and done 32000 miles since then, used car market is crazy at the moment!

Well I took decisive action last week and cancelled, and it somehow feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders (or should that be a huge wait ?? :ROFLMAO:).

In a Jam Jar, I've had enough of MG. I have come to the conclusion that I do not actually need the only things the ZS EV can offer over and above what I already have, namely the additional range and a dog friendly boot. And I would miss out on so much more by ditching my very capable Citroen e-C4
The MG would cost more to run as well - I went on a 47 mile round trip yesterday and got 4.5 motorway miles/kWh in normal mode with A/C on and set to 21°. I can't see the MG achieving that sort of figure under the same conditions.

Things that I would miss if I parted company with my Citroen;

1) Heated Steering Wheel
It is surprising how useful it is, especially if you haven't pre-conditioned on a cold morning.

2) The keyless entry and exit
Exiting the vehicle and simply walking away without wondering if you had 'locked' the car is just super convenient. The confirmatory 'beep beep' leaves me with no doubt that the car has locked itself. Of course there are some that might be concerned about keyless thefts, but those sort of attacks can be mitigated.

3) Extremely comfortable ride
Goes without saying, the Citroen is renowned for it's comfort.

4) ACC with Lane Following that actually works.
There is some concern that the MG's ability to centre between the lines under "MG Pilot" is not up to scratch. I was only offered a 20 minute test drive which I deemed inadequate in order to try the system for myself, but in the end the dealer failed to call me back when "the car is here", apparently absent because "the boss drives around in it". That was a month ago.
Add into the mix the lack of regen whilst using ACC and you have an engineering fail right there!

5) High resolution cameras.
Although the MG would have given me true all-round vision with it's four cameras, they are surprisingly low resolution, which would irritate me to the max.

6) Forward lighting.
Whilst not 'matrix' headlamps, the LEDs fitted to the Citroen are excellent, including the additional lighting (aka the front fog lamps) that illuminate the direction of travel when turning at slow speed.

7) Auto-dipping rear-view mirror.
Trivial, I know, but it has been a fair few cars ago when I last didn't have one, and I would miss it.

8) Self parking.
I paid for this £350 option in order to gain the (somewhat of a con) 360° cameras, even though I was convinced that I would never use the self-parking feature. But I have since come to find it very handy when parallel parking in dark, wet conditions where visibility via mirror or cameras is very poor.

9) Dealer network.
I have got to say that although the supplying dealer for my Citroen is not the best, my nearest Citroen service centre (no new car sales) has so far proven to be outstanding.
The MG dealer with whom I had placed my order had not initiated contact with me at all since last November, not even to advise me that the February delivery date had slipped, let alone any delays beyond that. And of course they failed to deliver on the test drive as mentioned above.
The next closest MG dealer that I approached prior to placing my order had promised to call me when their demonstrators arrived. But nope,they obviously couldn't be bothered either.

Overall, I have been having nagging doubts about buying a vehicle (this was an outright purchase) from a company that seems to have little regard for it's dealer network, and by extension their paying customers. I have not read good things about parts supply, either.

That might be a cynical view, but different people will have different opinions, and for me, it's just not a very good one.

So if anyone is waiting on a Pearl Black Trophy Connect, you might have just been bumped up the queue one place.

Well I took decisive action last week and cancelled, and it somehow feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders (or should that be a huge wait ?? :ROFLMAO:).

In a Jam Jar, I've had enough of MG. I have come to the conclusion that I do not actually need the only things the ZS EV can offer over and above what I already have, namely the additional range and a dog friendly boot. And I would miss out on so much more by ditching my very capable Citroen e-C4
The MG would cost more to run as well - I went on a 47 mile round trip yesterday and got 4.5 motorway miles/kWh in normal mode with A/C on and set to 21°. I can't see the MG achieving that sort of figure under the same conditions.

1) Heated Steering Wheel
It is surprising how useful it is, especially if you haven't pre-conditioned on a cold morning.

Exiting the vehicle and simply walking away without wondering if you had 'locked' the car is just super convenient. The confirmatory 'beep beep' leaves me with no doubt that the car has locked itself. Of course there are some that might be concerned about keyless thefts, but those sort of attacks can be mitigated.

There is some concern that the MG's ability to centre between the lines under "MG Pilot" is not up to scratch. I was only offered a 20 minute test drive which I deemed inadequate in order to try the system for myself, but in the end the dealer failed to call me back when "the car is here", apparently absent because "the boss drives around in it". That was a month ago.
Add into the mix the lack of regen whilst using ACC and you have an engineering fail right there!

Although the MG would have given me true all-round vision with it's four cameras, they are surprisingly low resolution, which would irritate me to the max.

6) Forward lighting.
Whilst not 'matrix' headlamps, the LEDs fitted to the Citroen are excellent, including the additional lighting (aka the front fog lamps) that illuminate the direction of travel when turning at slow speed.

Trivial, I know, but it has been a fair few cars ago when I last didn't have one, and I would miss it.

8) Self parking.
I paid for this £350 option in order to gain the (somewhat of a con) 360° cameras, even though I was convinced that I would never use the self-parking feature. But I have since come to find it very handy when parallel parking in dark, wet conditions where visibility via mirror or cameras is very poor.

9) Dealer network.
I have got to say that although the supplying dealer for my Citroen is not the best, my nearest Citroen service centre (no new car sales) has so far proven to be outstanding.
The MG dealer with whom I had placed my order had not initiated contact with me at all since last November, not even to advise me that the February delivery date had slipped, let alone any delays beyond that. And of course they failed to deliver on the test drive as mentioned above.
The next closest MG dealer that I approached prior to placing my order had promised to call me when their demonstrators arrived. But nope,they obviously couldn't be bothered either.

Overall, I have been having nagging doubts about buying a vehicle (this was an outright purchase) from a company that seems to have little regard for it's dealer network, and by extension their paying customers. I have not read good things about parts supply, either.

That might be a cynical view, but different people will have different opinions, and for me, it's just not a very good one.

So if anyone is waiting on a Pearl Black Trophy Connect, you might have just been bumped up the queue one place.
The resolution of MG cameras is very low. Can't see anything in the dark. I was thinking to upgrade myself but was told if the system has 360 degree system then the camera can't be upgraded to HD.

I only drive on B road and country lane and have covered 4000 miles in two months. The main complaint is the reversing camera is located too low hence always covered by mud.

Also the suspension is hard. Due to the short wheel base sometimes it's driving like yoyo on a particular stretch of uneven roads.

One more thing is that MG's window is plain glass. No tint. Not solar glass except sunroof. It's not kind to the skin and eyes under the sunlight. I need to tint window myself but it is very hard to tint the front window.

The good thing about MG zs ev is it is an EV with big battery. I can travel 120 miles everyday and still have 80 miles range left when back to home ( I only charge up to 80%)

Also the suspension is hard. Due to the short wheel base sometimes it's driving like yoyo on a particular stretch of uneven roads.
At the risk of sounding like a serial canceller, I cancelled a Tesla order last year after driving one for 6 weeks and finding the ride quality to be awful. What you describe above sounds like the MG would be met with similar protestations from the rest of the family as those levelled against the Tesla, particularly by the rear seat passengers.
One more thing is that MG's window is plain glass. No tint.
Yup, can add that to my list - Citroen has privacy glass throughout the rear.

1) Heated Steering Wheel

6) Forward lighting.

8) Self parking.

9) Dealer network.

Having had a few Citroens, AX, Synergie. 2 C2's and a C4 Picasso I know where you are coming from with Citroen. I must add though, we got our new Long Range Trophy last Monday and we love it, miles better than the Exclusive 163 mile range that we got last May. I have not had a drive in the C4e so cannot comment but it is a shame that you were unlucky to get an MG dealer that let you down so badly. wishing you all the best in your C4e

1) Heated Steering Wheel

6) Forward lighting.

8) Self parking.

9) Dealer network.

The eC4 is the closest available equivalent I think is practically available at the min to the ZS EV. If I were in your shoes, I’d have taken the same action… perhaps the MG4 in early 2023 might be a good switch!

Having had a few Citroens, AX, Synergie. 2 C2's and a C4 Picasso I know where you are coming from with Citroen. I must add though, we got our new Long Range Trophy last Monday and we love it, miles better than the Exclusive 163 mile range that we got last May. I have not had a drive in the C4e so cannot comment but it is a shame that you were unlucky to get an MG dealer that let you down so badly. wishing you all the best in your C4e

Thank you for your comments, @Kayged.

I too am no stranger to Citroen, my first being a BX19GTi back in the day. Since then I have had XM, C5 and C-Crosser (Outlander in disguise).

The only time I can say that a new car purchase was facilitated by a dealer that was properly customer focussed, was back when I bought a Ford Explorer when they first went on sale in the UK.
The Salesman there could not have been any more helpful, and bent over backwards to assist me when I had problems with it. That vehicle was ultimately replaced with a brand new one under a programme called "The Ford Commitment", where Ford offered either a brand new vehicle or a full refund if a recurring problem wasn't fixed within 3 attempts.

You won't find anything like that programme again, from any manufacturer. Indeed, Ford dropped it rather quickly - guess more cars than they had bargained for didn't live up to their promise and it was costing them far too much.

Happier days back then...

The eC4 is the closest available equivalent I think is practically available at the min to the ZS EV. If I were in your shoes, I’d have taken the same action… perhaps the MG4 in early 2023 might be a good switch!

My going for the MG was ultimately typical case of 'want' rather than 'need'. The e-C4 has come to endear itself to me, where I was initially underwhelmed when I drove it off the forecourt.
And I have saved myself a fair bit of expenditure by sticking with it.

If I were to change up in the not too distant future, I think I would be looking towards an EV6, but need to sart saving a few more pennies before that could happen!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom