MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you cancelled?

There still seems to be quite a few people who are thinking/actively canceling their orders. Without wishing to pry too deeply into everyone's own personal reasons etc. I'd be interested to see what those who have already cancelled, or are about to, are planning to do; keep their current car, pick up a used EV if one is available, extend leases, order new from another brand etc.? (I know one member, who's name I apologise for forgetting, found a eC4 and is happy with that).

I ask only as we had similar thoughts around February after being told that our car had been delayed from a March delivery until 'September or later', investigated the market and the few available stock cars across France from all manufacturers and came to the conclusion that there was little option other than to wait things out - every marque has similar or longer waiting times for new order vehicles and on stock vehicles we would have ended up paying quite a bit more and recieved a 'lesser' product due to a staggering lack of choice.

We tried to cover our bases by ordering one of everything in the MG catalogue, knowing that we would have been happy with anything that arrived and the dealer was very accommodating and put those orders through. In the end our dealer tracked down a ZS LR Luxury in black (our initial order had been for a black SR) that was arriving into France and the order had just been cancelled the day before the ship arrived (apparently), so we snapped that up and by good fortune, our delay ended up being around 2 weeks.

A month on, ignoring what appears to be the standard 'Maintain vehicle soon' message popping up, the frankly awful cruise control and the fact that the PDI (if it was even done) by the dealer left a lot to be desired, we're really happy with the car and the running costs are phenomenally low (circa 2 cents per kilometer).

There still seems to be quite a few people who are thinking/actively canceling their orders. Without wishing to pry too deeply into everyone's own personal reasons etc. I'd be interested to see what those who have already cancelled, or are about to, are planning to do; keep their current car, pick up a used EV if one is available, extend leases, order new from another brand etc.? (I know one member, who's name I apologise for forgetting, found a eC4 and is happy with that).

I ask only as we had similar thoughts around February after being told that our car had been delayed from a March delivery until 'September or later', investigated the market and the few available stock cars across France from all manufacturers and came to the conclusion that there was little option other than to wait things out - every marque has similar or longer waiting times for new order vehicles and on stock vehicles we would have ended up paying quite a bit more and recieved a 'lesser' product due to a staggering lack of choice.

We tried to cover our bases by ordering one of everything in the MG catalogue, knowing that we would have been happy with anything that arrived and the dealer was very accommodating and put those orders through. In the end our dealer tracked down a ZS LR Luxury in black (our initial order had been for a black SR) that was arriving into France and the order had just been cancelled the day before the ship arrived (apparently), so we snapped that up and by good fortune, our delay ended up being around 2 weeks.

A month on, ignoring what appears to be the standard 'Maintain vehicle soon' message popping up, the frankly awful cruise control and the fact that the PDI (if it was even done) by the dealer left a lot to be desired, we're really happy with the car and the running costs are phenomenally low (circa 2 cents per kilometer).
We got an unmissable deal on a leased pre reg Zoe GT Line. 3 weeks from order to it being on our drive. Got it for 2 years and hope that by then the supply issues have been resolved. Has easily covered the odd 200mile motorway run without issue for us. Sold our 2018 Leaf Tekna as I was wanting to capitalise on the hight values currently experienced.

I’m in the same boat, I’m thinking of cancelling, but there isn’t anything in the price range and actual range that competes with the ZS so I have no choice to wait, and besides, ordering anything from another dealer would likely be in the same situation with a really long wait until delivery

Not sure the GT Line models are affected ?.
I though it was the baseline model only.
Could be totally wrong of course 🤷‍♂️.
All models unfortunately…in the side pole test, the test whereby the dummies head comes out mid the window and makes direct contact with the pole - that’s a riviera model - basically a limited edition version of the gt line.

Gt line also then removed the AEBS and renamed it GT edition, then they put it back in and called it gt line +

I wonder whether an SE LR with delivery mileage, 1 owner and type 2 cable is worth more than the previous £27k affinity price in a private sale (current RRP £29995 but with 12 month lead time)? Considering keeping my order and selling it.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom