MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

I think it is done on a dealer by dealer basis.
If you using a small dealership with only a small amount of customers, then if they received two demo cars, then maybe they have decided to run with the one single demo model and sell the second demo model straight on to a customer ?.
Larger dealerships who have orders for more cars, will not be able to provide as many cars this early in 2022.
It was a little like this when the ZS EV was first launched.
A few customers received their cars early, but these where in very small numbers.
The difference with the first time around though is that people were issued with a build number (I was 997) so this could be tracked though the MG systems and the Dealer could see where your car was up to and advise you on probable delivery more accurately. This time they are not doing that, so it seems like more of a lottery than before

Is a pre-reg the same as a demo ?
Similar I guess ?.
Demo has been registered to the dealer and has been used for the purpose of being used to give test drives to a number of customers etc and is likely to be used by one of the sales people after hours.
Pre registered cars have been also been registered to the dealership, but are sold onto customers as a discounted price with only very low delivery mileage on the clock.

agree we were lead to believe December was first wave after demo, then January. then got a call from Chorley. saying end of April, the goal post certainly seem to be on casters. one of the reasons for going mg was the fast turnaround, 😔
Given the chip crises and general lead times across all manufacturers, I think expecting any thing within a couple of months is optimistic.

I waited 6 months for an Ioniq 38 between Nov 2019 and May 2020.

The lease company I am using have been quoting lead times of 20+ weeks on the Long Range ZS since December.

I am about to place an order for a 51kwh standard range, but don't need the car until May.

I imagine that some of the apparent queue jumping is due to the popularity, or lack thereof, of particular colours. Suppose the factory has 5 chip sets allocated for UK delivery... do they want to manufacture according to the strict time of ordering, or do they say "yeah whites are popular, let's make a batch of 5 whites". I imagine that the setup for paint colour change is horrendous, lots of wastage. So they try to minimise paint colour changes as much as possible. Or maybe they pick the colour based on the oldest outstanding order, and make the other 4 the same colour and possibly trim as well. That likely doesn't match the order for numbers 2-5 in the queue.

Maybe my figure of 5 is unrealistic, and maybe they make 50 or 500 at once with the same colour (likely the same colour is used in several markets), but the principle is the same.

Maybe we should have had a poll early on for the most popular colours and trims, and those that are more desperate for their cars might sacrifice colour and perhaps also trim (if finances permit of course) to make it more likely to get their cars sooner.

Or maybe I'm totally off base with this. 🤷‍♂️

According to their website, Eric Steads in Sheffield have stock, a white SE and I think two black Trophy.

I imagine that some of the apparent queue jumping is due to the popularity, or lack thereof, of particular colours. Suppose the factory has 5 chip sets allocated for UK delivery... do they want to manufacture according to the strict time of ordering, or do they say "yeah whites are popular, let's make a batch of 5 whites". I imagine that the setup for paint colour change is horrendous, lots of wastage. So they try to minimise paint colour changes as much as possible. Or maybe they pick the colour based on the oldest outstanding order, and make the other 4 the same colour and possibly trim as well. That likely doesn't match the order for numbers 2-5 in the queue.

Maybe my figure of 5 is unrealistic, and maybe they make 50 or 500 at once with the same colour (likely the same colour is used in several markets), but the principle is the same.

Maybe we should have had a poll early on for the most popular colours and trims, and those that are more desperate for their cars might sacrifice colour and perhaps also trim (if finances permit of course) to make it more likely to get their cars sooner.

Or maybe I'm totally off base with this. 🤷‍♂️
I'm sure that's partly the issue, but as an example, a chap on the MG EV Facebook group just took delivery of a Black Pearl ZS EV Trophy (same spec I ordered on 2nd November) that he ordered in December. So if MG were properly managing this that car should have gone to somebody who ordered that colour and spec earlier than Dec as they haven't fulfilled all the prior orders for that car and colour combination (as I've not had mine yet). Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for people who have got their cars, but a bit miffed at MG for the mess they seem to have made of it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-152948.jpg
    Screenshot_20220109-152948.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 140
Interesting that the new EV grant has put ZS EV trophy in the path of significantly better competitors!! My dad was about to order one, but too late for the EV grant, now we are looking around

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom