MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

I ordered my new Red ZS LR Trophy Connect from Luscombe's in Leeds. Ben was a breeze to deal with. I retire next year and my company MG5 will have to be returned. Hence the order for the new car. MG is a solid brand and after reading all the reports off this and the MG5 forum, Luscombe's seemed the obvious choice as a dealer.

Hope it arrives sooner rather than later as I'm going to be without a car!!!

I ordered my new Red ZS LR Trophy Connect from Luscombe's in Leeds. Ben was a breeze to deal with. I retire next year and my company MG5 will have to be returned. Hence the order for the new car. MG is a solid brand and after reading all the reports off this and the MG5 forum, Luscombe's seemed the obvious choice as a dealer.

Great to hear and thanks for the great feedback on Ben - he's only been with us a few weeks but great to hear he's settling in well and receiving some great feedback. I'll pass on my thanks.

We'll be in touch as soon as we have any more update on delivery times. As it happens, we have a few people who ordered on day 1 either cancel or change colour/spec so we may still have a few day 1 cars up for grabs.

I have same car and colour on order from Luscombe as well. 👍

Saw a new MG ZS EV in the flesh today (a red Trophy). I don’t think I can tell anyone anything they don’t already know or that has not been covered by the various in-depth online reviews. However, worth noting that it was a good experience. Martyn at Chorley was also very helpful. The infotainment system had a very slight lag but not so you'd really notice, it is much much quicker than the current one (not hard) and nothing to trouble most users, it was fine for me. The layout, look and feel of the system on an improved screen was good. 360 camera (which is not on my current model) was clear, although the birds eye view is clearly witchcraft. Buttons rather than dial for the heating and fan, Battery % on the binacle display is a welcome addition. The new charging flap is excellent, not just the position and door opening but the interior hatches rather than rubber bungs. General layout of cabin will be very familiar to Mk1 drivers, boot identical. I think they have improved the seats but hard for me to be sure as not familiar with Mk1 plastic leather ones in the Exclusive. If the range delivers I think it is a thumbs up.

Great to hear and thanks for the great feedback on Ben - he's only been with us a few weeks but great to hear he's settling in well and receiving some great feedback. I'll pass on my thanks.

We'll be in touch as soon as we have any more update on delivery times. As it happens, we have a few people who ordered on day 1 either cancel or change colour/spec so we may still have a few day 1 cars up for grabs.
Sam, it would be great to get it early, rather than later, as I'm stuck without a car after 14th January.

Please pass on my thanks to Ben, who phoned me this morning, keeping me in the loop.

24,225 according to this guy from speakev 2022 New MG ZS EV Long Range - First UK review
I did some Googling, found this broker by myself and made an enquiry. If anyone is buying one as an outright purchase they're much cheaper than I've found anywhere else. The Trophy is only £26650. The prices are real but only make sense as a cash purchase. They use a different finance company to MG main dealers and on PCP their GFV is a lot lower, e.g. on the Trophy I enquired about the GFV is £2344 lower than Miles' offer (£11318 after 4 years 8k miles PA) so the payments end up being a few quid more per month and with a deposit of £1000 vs. £200 on Miles forum offer illustrations posted.

Has anyone here had experience of making a purchase through either UKCD or NCD? Certainly their prices are eye-opening, but it leaves me looking for the catch... :unsure:

Has anyone here had experience of making a purchase through either UKCD or NCD? Certainly their prices are eye-opening, but it leaves me looking for the catch... :unsure:
I bought my previous car (Seat Leon FR) from a broker (not ukcd or Ncd though) and the process was pretty smooth, except I had to collect the car from the dealer in Brighton (I'm in Manchester!) Though I could have had it driven up for an extra cost. The only real issue is they wouldn't do a part-ex as they couldn't have sight of the old car, didn't really matter that much to me as the car I had was 10 years old and I sold it privately anyway.

I bought my previous car (Seat Leon FR) from a broker (not ukcd or Ncd though) and the process was pretty smooth, except I had to collect the car from the dealer in Brighton (I'm in Manchester!) Though I could have had it driven up for an extra cost. The only real issue is they wouldn't do a part-ex as they couldn't have sight of the old car, didn't really matter that much to me as the car I had was 10 years old and I sold it privately anyway.
I too would travel quite a distance to save myself this kind of cash :LOL:

This is interesting, because until this thread the idea of using a broker never even entered my head. For me specifically, I'd rather go the own outright route if possible. At these prices I can save myself the hassle of PCP for the sake of saving £1.5k.

I'm just cautious because I don't have the money to throw away if anything should go awry buying this way.

This is interesting, because until this thread the idea of using a broker never even entered my head. For me specifically, I'd rather go the own outright route if possible. At these prices I can save myself the hassle of PCP for the sake of saving £1.5k.

I'm just cautious because I don't have the money to throw away if anything should go awry buying this way.
Looks like you can collect from them in Warrington and hand over a bank draft once you've checked the car.

"How do I pay my deposit and final payment?

For all new vehicle orders we take a £500 deposit by debit or credit card at point of order and the final balance is required 24 hours before delivery by bank transfer . Alternatively, if you would prefer to self collect from our Warrington head office we can take a bank draft on the day payable to Auf Ltd."

I think the catch is they make their money on bungs from the lender; I bet people have ordered on PCP without comparing the GFVs.

Rejecting the car is going to be more tricky I suppose and if you buy from a good MG dealer if there's anything wrong with it they'll bend over backwards to make it right and be able to liaise with MG UK on fixes etc. Yes you get warranty at all dealers but..

Like I said in my case it was all fine, and I would use the service again in the future, I didn't when I bought the ZS as the company I used didn't have a deal with MG. I've no experience with the two companies mentioned though so can't advise about them specifically.

I think the catch is they make their money on bungs from the lender; I bet people have ordered on PCP without comparing the GFVs.
in our case when I bought the Leon they explained that they get bulk buy deals with certain brands, hence how they could quote such low prices. In my case the car came from a Seat Dealer and was serviced by my local Seat dealer with no issues. The finance was done by Seat finance as well. In fact I didn't pay the broker anything!

We've used drivethedeal before and it was great .. they connect you with a dealer and even use dealer's manufacturer lender so you don't get this rock bottom GFV weirdness. It'd be amazing if they offered MG but they seem to offer a very restricitive number of brands these days. Was much cheaper than Carwow on ID3 when I checked a few weeks ago for example.

We've used drivethedeal before and it was great .. they connect you with a dealer and even use dealer's manufacturer lender so you don't get this rock bottom GFV weirdness. It'd be amazing if they offered MG but they seem to offer a very restricitive number of brands these days. Much cheaper than Carwow on ID3 though for example.
yeah mine was Drivethedeal, couldn't remember their name!! :D

Ah yes, DtD have been around a long time. I think I first made an enquiry with them a couple of decades back and forgot about them since...as you said, their manufacturer options seem to be an ever decreasing circle - it's a shame they don't have MG.

I did check out CarWow out of interest, but the quotes I did get weren't competitive vs Miles offer. I will have to do a bit more research - but if all checked out OK, there's a substantial saving to be had.

Ah yes, DtD have been around a long time. I think I first made an enquiry with them a couple of decades back and forgot about them since...as you said, their manufacturer options seem to be an ever decreasing circle - it's a shame they don't have MG.

I did check out CarWow out of interest, but the quotes I did get weren't competitive vs Miles offer. I will have to do a bit more research - but if all checked out OK, there's a substantial saving to be had.
I got my Leon 6 years ago through them, they had loads of brands back then. I did look recently at a few cars, but Carwow prices seemed similar if not a few p cheaper in some cases, shame really as it was a great deal I got for the Leon.

The catch is that in all likelihood they wont ever be supplied these cars.

To get these prices, they are utilising the terms offered to large fleets and selling them to private individuals, in breach of MG's fleet terms. MG are aware, and will almost certainly be shutting down this channel before a car is delivered.

The catch is that in all likelihood they wont ever be supplied these cars.

To get these prices, they are utilising the terms offered to large fleets and selling them to private individuals, in breach of MG's fleet terms. MG are aware, and will almost certainly be shutting down this channel before a car is delivered.
Having looked at these over the weekend, I wouldn't use either as it's not a direct dealer agreement. Still, reputable options like DtD exist and thus far offer the best price for those like myself who want a decent discount for an outright purchase of their chosen vehicle.

Having looked at these over the weekend, I wouldn't use either as it's not a direct dealer agreement. Still, reputable options like DtD exist and thus far offer the best price for those like myself who want a decent discount for an outright purchase of their chosen vehicle.
I couldn't see MG listed on DtD I'm missing something ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom