MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

I couldn't see MG listed on DtD I'm missing something ?
DtD don't offer MG, but have options for anyone not entirely set on a brand.

Brokers who work "like" DtD and offer MG do exist. I would say for those wanting to go down that route to do their own searches and due diligence to find one they're comfortable with.

I have ordered via NCD £500 on my CC so have consumer protection if it goes tits up. Spoke to their sales guy and he asked that I did not disclose their details to my local MG dealer if using their pricing to negotiate a discount. Understandable if everyone goes and test drives then orders elsewhere alot of unhappy dealers. They have a very limited range of cars they can deliver. Spoke with a guy who used them several years ago and the salesman is still with them today so appears to not be a fly by night outfit. All part of Auto Union Finance. Should the process go wrong I will get my deposit back and will order in the standard way. I am in no rush to get a new car so March/April next year or September/November is fine with me.

Ordered SE in black, delivery is expected April hopefully sooner. What home chargers do ppl recommended or have ordered?

I have ordered via NCD £500 on my CC so have consumer protection if it goes tits up. Spoke to their sales guy and he asked that I did not disclose their details to my local MG dealer if using their pricing to negotiate a discount. Understandable if everyone goes and test drives then orders elsewhere alot of unhappy dealers. They have a very limited range of cars they can deliver. Spoke with a guy who used them several years ago and the salesman is still with them today so appears to not be a fly by night outfit. All part of Auto Union Finance. Should the process go wrong I will get my deposit back and will order in the standard way. I am in no rush to get a new car so March/April next year or September/November is fine with me.
Just had a phone call from NCD asking if we can supply them with cars.... Take from that what you will, but it would suggest to me that whoever was offering them cars has now realised they are in breach of the terms and have pulled the plug.

Ordered SE in black, delivery is expected April hopefully sooner. What home chargers do ppl recommended or have ordered?
I have a podpoint which has been excellent for the last 4 years. If you have solar then something like a zappi would probably be better. Shop around and see what you like the look of and then ask if anyone has experience of them?

I’ve ordered an OHME charger, looked around and thought this is the one for me. There’s quite a lot out there, I know people with podpoint, and wallbox, so I think find an EV installer and see what they fit, as prices change from installer to installer.
If your in Leeds, or Wakefield I can give you the guy who’s doing mine in February.

I’ve ordered an OHME charger, looked around and thought this is the one for me. There’s quite a lot out there, I know people with podpoint, and wallbox, so I think find an EV installer and see what they fit, as prices change from installer to installer.
If your in Leeds, or Wakefield I can give you the guy who’s doing mine in February.
Thanks but I'm in midlands

Just seen this, go MG ZS EV.
ED9336F4-9516-489E-A5C0-463D1E97E634.png

My dealer is paying for the fitting of a home charger as part of the deal. This will be fitted post delivery and not sure but assume it will be a basic homecharger

Get them to book in the installation now, they can apply for the grant with the order number. There's going to be a mad rush in Feb/March next year (the grant ends).

If you have time & don't mind dropping me a PM down the line, I'd be interested to hear how you find your experience with them overall, whether good or bad.

Thanks but I'm in midlands
My Ohme Home Pro charger arrived today (£552 from Volta Ev). A local OZEV approved electrician is fitting it for me on Dec 23rd. He hasn't fitted that brand before but the Ohme is designed to be a very simple to install - no need to open the box, PEN fault detection built in and all necessary external connections included. The electrician will claim the £350 grant on my behalf. It's a simple install although I have chosen to have a dedicated consumer unit for the charger as well. Fixing costs £300 including the consumer unit and other materials. I've only saved £50 on the Ohme best case offer of £550 although people on the forum report paying more. The advantage from my point of view is dealing with a local electrician who responded quickly (he visited to estimate the job on the evening I made contact). In fact he could have done the job this afternoon if I'd been quicker getting the charger. I'm in Nottingham.

I have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus. It is a great little smart charger, very happy with it.

Fitted by smart home charge.

Was a faff to start with as our house was on a looped supply with nextdoor and DNO had to dig road up (free of charge) and un-loop the supply.

Get them to book in the installation now, they can apply for the grant with the order number. There's going to be a mad rush in Feb/March next year (the grant ends).
They can apply just with the order number?

I'm curious how this would be policed...I thought the point of needing a VIN was to allow the government agencies involved to confirm eligibility of the scheme.

They can apply just with the order number?

I'm curious how this would be policed...I thought the point of needing a VIN was to allow the government agencies involved to confirm eligibility of the scheme.
When I had mine installed a completed order form was enough, but you need to own the vehicle for at least (I think) 3 months after installation.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom